• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Ughhh :S i just hate estimatin :S but ya got it thx :)
n i hav another one in the same ppr 3c
Hey sorry I had been working hard for that question since that time ,here is the answer,they have told us to take the reading of part (a) Which is 0.30 Amperes
and they have said that the resistor of X is twice that of the resistance in the circuit.So u know when resistance is less current is more so at 0.30 Ampres the resistance will be less ,lets say its 5.0 ohms ,so the ressitance of X is twice that so it will be 10 ohms .Its an estimate.

Reaction score
freeexampapers.com has the old papers, if you don't find it there you rnt gonna find it anywhere!
My advice: stick to recent papers!!
i searched there but couldnt access it easily i guess i will not find them !! anyways , thnxx :) and good luck;)

Reaction score
Dont believe on what you heard ,ppl didnot make the exam paper its the cie people,so chill and solve from 2002-2011.Dont believe on them ,have faith on god ,practice and thats it. Inshallah you will do good.

Reaction score
Since in part b i) It says that the pin turns 90 degree (which is 1/4 of a circle) so in part b ii) we will divide the circumference of the heated pin by 4 (to get 1/4th of the circumference, which is the expanded length) then in the next part (iii) we will add this value with the original length of the rod, making sure that the units r the same.
Here are the worked out answers:
bi) 3.8mm
bii) 3.8/4=0.95 mm
biii) 0.95mm+0.75m=
0.00095 + 0.750 = 0.75095m
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH DEAR
please can u help me in this
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w05_qp_6.pdf
1c and d and question a :/ i dunno how 2 draw

Reaction score
physics doubts !!!!!
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w07_qp_6.pdf
in question 4 (b), I used a protractor and the angle must be 90 degree. is t rejected or can work.
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s08_qp_6.pdf
question 1 (b). I need more than one possible method if you please.
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w09_qp_6.pdf
question 4 (b) (iii), which need a drawing for measuring thickness of a converging lens.

Reaction score
2b iii: Using chromatography , place a spot of the mixture on the datum line of the chromatography ppr and dip into the solvent. The diff spots that the finished chromatogram shows are the sugars in the mixture. You can find which sugars they are using the Rf values.
i knw the drawings look like ive done them with my feet :p but i hope yu get it :)

Attachments

• Answer.png
    Answer.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Hey sorry I had been working hard for that question since that time ,here is the answer,they have told us to take the reading of part (a) Which is 0.30 Amperes
and they have said that the resistor of X is twice that of the resistance in the circuit.So u know when resistance is less current is more so at 0.30 Ampres the resistance will be less ,lets say its 5.0 ohms ,so the ressitance of X is twice that so it will be 10 ohms .Its an estimate.
Oh thx a lot :) but i think they say we need the reading frm the table and using a so wont it be this way 0.3*o.5 -->0.15 n thn the resistance frm the table 10.1?

Reaction score
2b iii: Using chromatography , place a spot of the mixture on the datum line of the chromatography ppr and dip into the solvent. The diff spots that the finished chromatogram shows are the sugars in the mixture. You can find which sugars they are using the Rf values.
i knw the drawings look like ive done them with my feet :p but i hope yu get it :)

Thank you man, helped me a lot.

Reaction score
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH DEAR
please can u help me in this
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_w05_qp_6.pdf
1c and d and question a :/ i dunno how 2 draw

Q1 a)
Complete the column headings in the table. That is we have to write units of m-mass and titha-angle. The units will be grams for mass and degree for thita.
Q1 c) Make sure that the 0-180 horizontal line of the protractor is exactly on the bench and the centre of the protractor is at the "zero end of the ruler taped to bench" Look in the figure to spot this. Drawing is optional but if u do, copy the same diagram and indicate the proper position of the centre of the protractor and the horizontal line on the protractor (0-180) should align with/should be exactly on the bench.
Q1 d) Draw (or write) that another meter rule is used to measure the distance between the bench and the elevated end of the original meter rule. MAKE SURE THAT THE RULER IS VERTICAL. Mention that the angle can then be found out by applying mathematics, you don't need to show HOW the angle can be found!
Hope it helped! :)