• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
peak to peak distance means the distance from top to bottom (each peak is the amplitude), so if they want to reduce the peak to peak distance the want to reduce the height of the waveform, so the y-gain should be increased
but by this information i understood tht peak to peak mean horizontal? :/ not from peak to bottom pls have a look

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Funnily enough I just explained this to a friend, let me copy it ;)

i) When its light in the dark room, the resistance of the LDR will be low, so R and thus A will have a higher share of voltage and thus be 1 (high)
When it's dark, the resistance of the LDR will be high, so R and A will have a lower share of voltage and thus be 0 (low)
ii)
tMkki.jpg

That's what I think at least, and it agrees with paper mark scheme. Note that it stops at the transistor since the logic gate is off and transistor is too ;)
EDIT: Was that the only thing you had a problem with or is it all of question?

I think i do get it now ..thanks !!!!! :D :D

Reaction score
is it important to learn all those stupid logic gates? :\

There really EASY.
For AND gates, just remember the word "AND" .. so it means that inputs A "AND" B should be high for an high output.
NAND gates are the opposite of "AND" gates.

OR gates , just remember the word "OR" .. meaning input A "OR" B should be high for an high output.
NOR gates are the opposite of "OR" gates.

And last but not least, "NOT" gates. Just think of it like, whatever input you give it.. it says "NOT" and gives you the opposite xD.

Thats how I remembered the truth tables for the logic gates x)

Reaction score

You asked this before , and I answered. Maybe you didn't see it , so I'll just copy/paste it. Here:
For c) Use the equation for power, but you'll have to change it a bit.

Power = energy /time
Energy = power*time
Energy = current*voltage*time
Energy = current^2*resistance*time

NOW you can calcuate it as you have the current, resistance, and time!

ENergy = 2.5^2*3*1
=18.75J

For d) it's easier, just use the formula for power involving current and voltage.
Power= current*voltage
Voltage = power/current
Voltage= 18.75/2
=7.5v

For e) You just subtract the orignial voltage from the one you calculated in part d)!
22000-7.5=21992.5V

Reaction score
but by this information i understood tht peak to peak mean horizontal? :/ not from peak to bottom pls have a look
well theres 2 types of peak to peak, peak to peak voltage and peat to peak time, but i dont think that img is correct
peak basically means a mountain top, so in that question i guess peak to peak stood for top to bottom for voltage

Reaction score
well theres 2 types of peak to peak, peak to peak voltage and peat to peak time, but i dont think that img is correct
peak basically means a mountain top, so in that question i guess peak to peak stood for top to bottom for voltage
okkk!! hope i rmember tmw thnx :)

Reaction score
because it become a parallel circuit so (1/24)+(1/8)=4/24=1/6 so total resistance=6
11b) use the left hand rule with the direction of current in the opposite of the direction of radiation
Left hand? I only know about the right hand rule; either way, I still can't figure it out :(
And what about number 10 a) and b).
How do we draw the graph annnnd you said to increase the voltage, but they want it halved? Why is it not the other way around?
:cry:So confused...

Reaction score
but yaar
You asked this before , and I answered. Maybe you didn't see it , so I'll just copy/paste it. Here:

Power = energy /time
Energy = power*time

ENergy = 2.5^2*3*1
=18.75J

For d) it's easier, just use the formula for power involving current and voltage.
Power= current*voltage
Voltage = power/current
Voltage= 18.75/2
=7.5v

For e) You just subtract the orignial voltage from the one you calculated in part d)!
22000-7.5=21992.5V
but there is no time in c !!!

Moi

Reaction score
Can someone plz explain this !! I did not get anything from it !!
The whole peek to peek thingy and time base... WHAT !! Plz explain

Capture.JPG

Reaction score

Power = energy /time
Energy = power*time

ENergy = 2.5^2*3*1
=18.75J

Power= current*voltage
Voltage = power/current
Voltage= 18.75/2
=7.5v

22000-7.5=21992.5V

That cant be right...coz 18.75/2 does not equal 7.5V....

P = V^2/R so
V = (PR)^0.5
V = (18.75*3)^0.5 = 7.5V

Reaction score
There really EASY.
For AND gates, just remember the word "AND" .. so it means that inputs A "AND" B should be high for an high output.
NAND gates are the opposite of "AND" gates.

OR gates , just remember the word "OR" .. meaning input A "OR" B should be high for an high output.
NOR gates are the opposite of "OR" gates.

And last but not least, "NOT" gates. Just think of it like, whatever input you give it.. it says "NOT" and gives you the opposite xD.

Thats how I remembered the truth tables for the logic gates x)
Thanks alot, really helpfull :)