• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
For 6)b)i) you can clearly tell from the diagram it's 90 degrees.
For b)ii) They mention in the question "at an angle of 43 degrees the ray is partially reflected", meaning the critical angle has to be something a little more then that or it could be 43.
For b)iii) Now that you have the angle of incidence and refraction just use the formula!
Thx a lot but what's the formula they used in b iii ?

Moi

Reaction score
Small question ! In LDR , when there is light and resistance falls, what happens to the voltage ? Increase or decrease? (is it proportional or not?)
Same question for the Thermistor ! Thx

Reaction score
Small question ! In LDR , when there is light and resistance falls, what happens to the voltage ? Increase or decrease? (is it proportional or not?)
Same question for the Thermistor ! Thx

Decreases, just remember the equation! V= IxR.

Reactions: Moi
Reaction score
Actually, you said the thermistor correct , but the second point you talked about is the relay switch, not a transisitor !!
A transisitor, is a semiconductor device that works as a switch and has three parts, base, collecter and emitter.
Usually it's used in LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) <-- When lisht intensity increase, resistance falls and vise versa :)

The 2nd point was about a transistor, here is the definition STRAIGHT from my book.

"An electronic device in which a tiny current controls a much larger current and in which the larger current can be switched on or off by switching the smaller current on or off."

Your right about the three terminals, but my point was about the transistor not relay..
A relay is just an electrically operated switch.

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Physics (0625)/0625_s07_qp_3.pdf
Question 8) a and c
Can u send me the answer of question a in a pic , so I can understand it more

Heres the answer for part 8)a)
The ameter is connected above the battery to measure the current in the whole circuit, the variable resistor is connected before E so only it's brightness can be varied and you have to connect lamps C and D in parallel and then add a switch so they can be switched on and off seperatley.
This took a bit of time to make , hope it helped x)

EDIT: The ammeter's placing is wrong, check the person who posted below me to know where it's placed.
Untitled-6.png

Reaction score
The ameter is connected above the battery to measure the current in the whole circuit, the variable resistor is connected before E so only it's brightness can be varied and you have to connect lamps C and D in parallel and then add a switch so they can be switched on and off seperatley.
the ammeter should never be in parallel with the circuit
connect the ammeter to the left or right of the power supply to get the current in the circuit :)

Reaction score
the ammeter should never be in parallel with the circuit
connect the ammeter to the left or right of the power supply to get the current in the circuit :)

Was unsure about that myself. T
Thanks for clearing it up x)!

Reaction score

EDIT: The ammeter's placing is wrong, check the person who posted below me to know where it's placed.
Untitled-6.png
lol I made a diagram for that question for someone else.
Sec I'll link it.
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/please-help-physics-paper-3.16346/#post-279422

Moi

Reaction score
The 2nd point was about a transistor, here is the definition STRAIGHT from my book.

"An electronic device in which a tiny current controls a much larger current and in which the larger current can be switched on or off by switching the smaller current on or off."

Your right about the three terminals, but my point was about the transistor not relay..
A relay is just an electrically operated switch.

My book seems so different ! I think you're right, but for the relay, you meant electromagmagnetic operated switch ... right??