• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys please help, in Physics May June 2010 paper 31, I can't understand questions 11(b) and 5(d). Anyone please help? :)

Reaction score
q1d ii) distance= speed x time
= 1.2 x 0.6 = 0.72/2
= 0.36m
since the trolley moves backwards and forwards

q5 c) mass x Specific Heat Latent = Power x time
m x L = P x t
(16.3 - 2.1) x L = 40 x (2 x 60) time has to be in seconds
14.2 x L = 40 x 120 simplify to get L
L = 338 J/g

thankss a looottt

BUT

in q 1 d) how did u know its moving backward and forward even though why did u divide by 2?????????? WE SHOULD ADD THE MINUTES (4) AND ADD THE MASSES

AND

in q 5 c) why did u subtract 16.3 - 2.1 and why did u use 2 minutes not 4 minutes??????

THANKS AGAIN :)

Reaction score
what do u mean by only write metal the ms said "non transition metal/named metal e.g. sodium (1)" ?????????

THANKS A LOOOOTT;)

question 5 its not calcium how did u know??????

THANKSSSSSS VERRRRRRYYYY MUCHHHHH:D
It says its a white solid n all ..

Reaction score
I got a slight question guys. Suppose there is an incident ray in the denser medium (glass) and a refracted ray in the rarer medium (air).

And they asked us to find the refractive index in air. Refractive index= sin i (air)/sin r (glass)
I am confused, for "sin i" the angle of incidence here isn't in air.

Reaction score
I got a slight question guys. Suppose there is an incident ray in the denser medium (glass) and a refracted ray in the rarer medium (air).

And they asked us to find the refractive index in air. Refractive index= sin i (air)/sin r (glass)
I am confused, for "sin i" the angle of incidence here isn't in air.
Its in air, or glass or water, its still the angle of insidence, the formula is not of air or glass i think :)