• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
You're welcome
Yes,
The very first process will be chewing and grinding- the teeth will break the larger food molecules to smaller, digestible ones
The food is then mixed with the saliva, which lubricates it enzymes present in the saliva starts the chemical digestion
The tongue is there to mix and churn the food so that it takes the shape of a bolus..this bolus of food is then pushed back by the tongue into the oesophagus..this process is called swallowing
So we have 1)chewing/churning/grinding(mechanical digestion),2) salivation, 3)chemical digestion, 4) swallowing
Also, I would like to know what speech is...never heard of this term

Reaction score
You're welcome
Yes,
The very first process will be chewing and grinding- the teeth will break the larger food molecules to smaller, digestible ones
The food is then mixed with the saliva, which lubricates it enzymes present in the saliva starts the chemical digestion
The tongue is there to mix and churn the food so that it takes the shape of a bolus..this bolus of food is then pushed back by the tongue into the oesophagus..this process is called swallowing
So we have 1)chewing/churning/grinding(mechanical digestion),2) salivation, 3)chemical digestion, 4) swallowing
Also, I would like to know what speech is...never heard of this term

Thanx

Reaction score
lol be careful, notice it is 0.05 s away from 60 so...
46.5-0.05
is equal to 46.0
So B is answer
Really you gonna waste marks this way on the real O-level exam
I know the answer it's just typing mistake n I had 2 hurry up cuz I was using mobile data ....

Reaction score
O hav a doubt .... can a person doing dialysis get diseases transmitted by blood ( e.g : HIV ).....

Reaction score
O hav a doubt .... can a person doing dialysis get diseases transmitted by blood ( e.g : HIV ).....
How would that happen? Duh:cautious:
dialysis machine is nothing but some partially permeable membrane in some fluid, so the blood that circulates in dialysis machine is the persons blood, and even if we were to say that the fluid inside the dialysis machine contains HIV,then even then the patient is safe, since the partially permeable membrane in its essence doesn't allow proteins which are way smaller than HIV virus ,so how is it gonna allow HIV in first place,;)

However, I would advise on revising this month, as school is approaching and so is CIE exams

Regards

Reaction score
dialysis machine is nothing but some partially permeable membrane in some fluid, so the blood that circulates in dialysis machine is the persons blood, and even if we were to say that the fluid inside the dialysis machine contains HIV,then even then the patient is safe, since the partially permeable membrane in its essence doesn't allow proteins which are way smaller than HIV virus ,so how is it gonna allow HIV in first place,;)

However, I would advise on revising this month, as school is approaching and so is CIE exams

Regards
Wat I meant was abt the dialysis tubing ..... they don't change it for each patient do they o_O

Reaction score

Regards
N I am sitting 4 the exams next year ....

Reaction score

Regards
I didn't say dat the dialysis fluid contains HIV ..... if someone who is HIV positive has got his blood cleaned in a dialysis machine .... after him, another person came 4 the treatment ....

Reaction score
"A person uses a surfboard to ride every 30th wave crest towards the beach. The wave crest
travels at a speed of 1.6m/ s and the distance between each wave crest is 24m.
How many wave crests does the person surf in one hour
?"plz i need a help in this question the final answer is 8 but idk the steps to get it plzzzzzzz help

Reaction score
"A person uses a surfboard to ride every 30th wave crest towards the beach. The wave crest
travels at a speed of 1.6m/ s and the distance between each wave crest is 24m.
How many wave crests does the person surf in one hour
?"plz i need a help in this question the final answer is 8 but idk the steps to get it plzzzzzzz help
Is this an o level phy ques?