• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

Attachments

• important-equation-in-physics2.pdf
    372 KB · Views: 15
  • Physics Notes.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • Phyiscs Paper 6 Cards.pdf
    973.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IGCSE Physics EXAM REVISION NOTES.docx
    6.2 MB · Views: 28
Reaction score
Aren't the red stop solutions for o level subjects only

around 15 years ago yes but now they have A-levels
http://www.redspot.com.pk/

i am thinking about this from the point of starting a school that does more than just help students give exams

And for those students who are weak in physics, the notes won't do. I believe they should read The World of Physics by John Avison (second edition)

yes notes are almost never enough and for students who have problems with the traditional approach in education, read the Syllabus and take charge of your own learning, using videos would help as well since they can be more illustrative (for example TTC lectures) and can be repeated as many times necessary (also research has shown that Static Animation with Audio helps students learn with greater ease since it forces the brain to visualize, process and retain information)
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5341088/TTC_-_Physics_in_Your_Life_(compressed_2.9Gb)
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/68...nd_Our_Universe_How_It_All_Works_(compressed)
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3910586/TTC_VIDEO_-_Modern_Physics_For_Non-Scientists
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3899069/TTC_VIDEO_-_Particle_Physics_for_Non-Physicists

Last edited:
Reaction score
research has shown that Static Animation with Audio helps students learn with greater ease since it forces the brain to visualize, process and retain information
Practical demonstrations, performing experiments in the lab is an even better way to learn science than just watching video lectures, I believe

But the book I mentioned covers a wide range of syllabuses and has alot information put in by the author. Every sentence in it is constructed in such an accurate way, so as to relieve the reader from putting in extra effort to understand. This book helped me get a strong base and once my concepts were clear I moved on to watching videos to fill in the gaps, this way it is better

Reaction score
Practical demonstrations, performing experiments in the lab is an even better way to learn science than just watching video lectures, I believe

but only if they are done regularly and with more practicals than those conered in the syllabus, along with a major project but then it becomes really expensive
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...tute-biology-chemistry-physics-karachi.46200/

But the book I mentioned covers a wide range of syllabuses and has alot information put in by the author. Every sentence in it is constructed in such an accurate way, so as to relieve the reader from putting in extra effort to understand. This book helped me get a strong base and once my concepts were clear I moved on to watching videos to fill in the gaps, this way it is better

understandable at this age since the brain is still developing but the books with concise descriptions and definitions do not encourage thinking, such material can make you an efficient lab assistant or an everyday engineer/doctor but not necessarily a scientist who actually solves problems over decades of works, the idea is to encourage questioning and to teach students not to be afraid of making mistakes when doing something new because trail and error is essential for learning but then again most school teachers are drones/assembly line workers who survive by following a curriculum and are assessed by how many As their students get, so there is very little room for encouraging thought or actually developing a student's inquisitive thought process

Last edited:
Reaction score
the idea is to encourage questioning and to teach students not to be afraid of making mistakes when doing something new because trail and error is essential but then again most school teachers are drones/assembly line workers who survive by following a curriculum and are assessed by how many As their students get, so there is very little room for encouraging thought or actually developing a student's inquisitive thought proces
The idea's really good actually...wish it was implied every where around the world esp in Pakistan
at times when solving the papers i feel like to gain all the marks i need to go the examiner's head and see what ideas he's got in his head, because the ms has so many complications...restricting you in so may ways as to what you should be writing and what you should not be writing
Really, no one cares how students are taught things, in turns out most of them are teaching for the sake of earning money, its like we have limits and standards and if a ques asked outside the syllabus, u'll receive a glare then they are going to proceed on to telling you how this ques is not important and there isn't much need to know it....etc
More over it has become a business now, every two years a new book will come up with just a bit of extra info and something new, they will then pay the board to add ques in the paper from the new book and this way more people will buy the new edition, and the the process will continue...

Reaction score
The idea's really good actually...wish it was implied every where around the world esp in Pakistan
at times when solving the papers i feel like to gain all the marks i need to go the examiner's head and see what ideas he's got in his head, because the ms has so many complications...restricting you in so may ways as to what you should be writing and what you should not be writing
Really, no one cares how students are taught things, in turns out most of them are teaching for the sake of earning money, its like we have limits and standards and if a ques asked outside the syllabus, u'll receive a glare then they are going to proceed on to telling you how this ques is not important and there isn't much need to know it....etc
More over it has become a business now, every two years a new book will come up with just a bit of extra info and something new, they will then pay the board to add ques in the paper from the new book and this way more people will buy the new edition, and the the process will continue...

the Candidate Response Booklets can help you deal with the examiner's mind

using the Redspot and analyzing the redspot answers will make you think like an examiner, which will help in self-evaluation specially for your pastpaper practice

the reason why teachers will give you that GLARE when you ask a question out of the syllabus, is because teachers feel they are being challenged and also because most school teachers have a VERY low level of skill/knowledge, whereas it should be the opposite, school teachers should have EXCESSIVE knowledge of not only their particular subject that they teach but also EXCESSIVE knowledge of Child/Adolescent psychology and neuroscience specially related to school teaching/curricula

the reason for this is that your teachers are NOT the DRIVERS or GUIDES of your brain/mind but quite literally the ENGINEERS of your development, the reason for this is that every activity/habit/training LITERALLY changes the synapses of your brain, this also implies that if you take your learning into your own hands then you yourself can be the ENGINEERS of your own brain/mind

Part 1: the neuroscience of learning and memory

Part 2: the neuroscience of learning and memory

if you keep your approach of independent learning and questioning EVERYTHING then your progress will have no limits except for those imposed by society/limited finances/lack of opportunities as provided by the school or university, so keep it up and do not be discouraged by your teachers, also never be afraid to make mistakes

i think the next thread i will post will need to be a guideline about independent learning techniques, times management and sources of subject specific knowledge

as for the updates of syllabi it could be argued that due to the added number of students and analysis of their syllabus, the requirements of the universities, the CIE tries to modify it accordingly, which is potentially a good thing and the syllabus change can range from 2 to 5 years, the new syllabus does not always indicate new material or revisions of editions, the Business Studies syllabus is a good example

Last edited:
Reaction score
do keep in mind anyone over here who is interested in reading additional material there is usually the tendency to be interested more in additional information as opposed to the course material since the additional reading as a hobby does not require testing, etc .... so if you are reading something outside of the syllabus read it AFTER you are done with your daily work otherwise your grades can suffer no point in having extra information while not getting good grades, also to keep yourself interested in text books think of it as someone speaking to you and your conversation will involve you making your markings for important points, making your notes, writing down your questions, INTERACT with your book to keep yourself involved with learning

a simple way to make additional reading more helpful is to go into more detail regarding the topics you are studying as part of your syllabus, an easy way is to check sources like Wikipedia OR pick up an undergraduate book if you are the A-levels AND if you are in the O'levels pick up an A-levels book

Reaction score
GUYS, IM REALLY KIND OF IN A HURRY,
COULD SOMEONE PROVIDE ME WITH IGCSE CIE PHYSICS PAPER 3 MAY/JUNE 2002 MARK SCHEME, ASAP???
PLEASE???

Reaction score
GUYS, IM REALLY KIND OF IN A HURRY,
COULD SOMEONE PROVIDE ME WITH IGCSE CIE PHYSICS PAPER 3 MAY/JUNE 2002 MARK SCHEME, ASAP???
PLEASE???
try gceguide.com or gceguide.xyz .. this site also has the candidate response booklets... also check on google you might find some link or check your local book store

Reaction score
"The best removal of stains is maintained by providing the optimum temperature for enzymes, presoaking to leave time for the enzymes to digest, putting the suitable amount of the powder", can someone briefly explain the presoaking and powder part?

Also, why is water needed for activating enzymes in germination of seeds?