• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Did you use any revision guide etc too ?
51QJjGe6LUL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I used this one. It isn't available on internet I guess. I had it in the book form

Reaction score
Can someone please explain me the following objective of the Physics Syllabus of 2016 :
# Topic : Properties of waves

objective: Describe how wavelength affects diffraction at an edge

I can't find anything related to this in any of my physics textbooks

Reaction score
Can someone please explain me the following objective of the Physics Syllabus of 2016 :
# Topic : Properties of waves

objective: Describe how wavelength affects diffraction at an edge

I can't find anything related to this in any of my physics textbooks
If the wavelength is greater than the gap, then less diffraction would occur. The wave will get curved only at edges. However, if the wavelength is smaller than the gap, there will be more diffraction and the wave will take the semi circular type shape.

Reaction score
Can anyone please Check whether i attempted this question correctly !
So the Question is from Thermal Physics !
Q: (0.024 KG) Water was Collected in beaker in 300 s with heater off . The Beaker was then Emptied and placed under the funnel again . With the heater on for exactly 300 s , the joule meter reading increased from Zero to 15,000 J and (0.068 KG ) of water was collected in the beaker
a) Calculate the mass of ICE melted due to heater being on .
b) Calculate Specific Latent heat of ICE
Answer:
a) The difference of both Masses = M2 - M1
= 0.064-0.024
= 0.044 Kg
b) Specific Latent Heat of Fusion = E/M2-M1 (Energy Divided by the difference of both masses )
= 15,000 J / 0.044 (Difference between both masses)
= 340909 J/Kg
Is this Answer Correct ? Please Do let me know !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can anyone please Check whether i attempted this question correctly !
So the Question is from Thermal Physics !
Q: (0.024 KG) Water was Collected in beaker in 300 s with heater off . The Beaker was then Emptied and placed under the funnel again . With the heater on for exactly 300 s , the joule meter reading increased from Zero to 15,000 J and (0.068 KG ) of water was collected in the beaker
a) Calculate the mass of ICE melted due to heater being on .
b) Calculate Specific Latent heat of ICE
Answer:
a) The difference of both Masses = M2 - M1
= 0.064-0.024
= 0.044 Kg
b) Specific Latent Heat of Fusion = E/M2-M1 (Energy Divided by the difference of both masses )
= 15,000 J / 0.044 (Difference between both masses)
= 3400909 J/Kg
Is this Answer Correct ? Please Do let me know !
Ans 340909 J/kg hay :p
Baki 100% correct :D
Cheers

Reaction score
guyzz im gonna have my english exam of speaking can any one help me of what to practice or no practice require:)

Reaction score
guyzz im gonna have my english exam of speaking can any one help me of what to practice or no practice require:)
YEAH ! me too ...........no practice is required as such you just don't need to stop during your speech and not to choke with words ........the topics are like : sleep, sports ,dream ,book reading ........I mean they are very simple to see but when you start talking you are out of words ,BTW do you when is it ??