• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Just learn tests for ions,gases and colours of some well known elements and compounds .Master the topic of salts and their formation,titration ,crystallization plus electrolysis of HCl and NaCl ,50 % of chemistry ATP will be yours !! the other 50% of the paper will generally be from all other topics !! Practice past papers from 2007-2014 and check your attempts using mark schemes . Do read examiner reports because they mention about the errors and mistakes the students usually make !! In this way , you can take your paper to the degree of perfection (not 100 % but above 95 % ). Hope it helps !!

Reaction score
Just learn tests for ions,gases and colours of some well known elements and compounds .Master the topic of salts and their formation,titration ,crystallization plus electrolysis of HCl and NaCl ,50 % of chemistry ATP will be yours !! the other 50% of the paper will generally be from all other topics !! Practice past papers from 2007-2014 and check your attempts using mark schemes . Do read examiner reports because they mention about the errors and mistakes the students usually make !! In this way , you can take your paper to the degree of perfection (not 100 % but above 95 % ). Hope it helps !!
Well From where Can i find Examiner report ?
Are you having any Resource ??

Reaction score
A reaction is carried between an acid n metal
If the acid is in excess, will changin concentration of acid have an effect on rate of reaction?

Reaction score
Ummmm..............can anyone explain how the answer to this question is C?????

Reaction score
OMG i literally forgot to post the ques..............sorry :)
View attachment 52262
Leaves will not wilt for sure, because xylem is still fine so water still travels nice and easy from bottom to top through transpiration, the leaves are getting the water they need and the ions dissolved in water as well. This applies to both branches, since xylem is still fine.
As for growth (and repair), the organism requires protein and sugar (for energy to grow) to do that. And to build proteins the plant needs amino acid, which travels through the phloem, and sucrose also travels through phloem. So growth requires phloem. Unlike the xylem, the fluid in phloem may travel in any direction. However, it is the leaves on top that perform photosytnthesis and produce sucrose (source), and give it to other cells (sink). The phloem is gone now, so top leaves can supply for their own branch, but not for bottom.

Reaction score
Leaves will not wilt for sure, because xylem is still fine so water still travels nice and easy from bottom to top through transpiration, the leaves are getting the water they need and the ions dissolved in water as well. This applies to both branches, since xylem is still fine.
As for growth (and repair), the organism requires protein and sugar (for energy to grow) to do that. And to build proteins the plant needs amino acid, which travels through the phloem, and sucrose also travels through phloem. So growth requires phloem. Unlike the xylem, the fluid in phloem may travel in any direction. However, it is the leaves on top that perform photosytnthesis and produce sucrose (source), and give it to other cells (sink). The phloem is gone now, so top leaves can supply for their own branch, but not for bottom.
THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hello friends
can someone clear my confusion. ..
In Q.17 answer in ms is B but i wrote C.. how can carbon be collected over water. . I learned it is collected through downward delivery

And in Q.40 ans in ms is D but I wrote A as ethanol is produced by fermentation then how it is wrong?

Attachments

• 20150420_125243.jpg
    20150420_125243.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20150420_125319-1.jpg
    20150420_125319-1.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Hello friends
can someone clear my confusion. ..
In Q.17 answer in ms is B but i wrote C.. how can carbon be collected over water. . I learned it is collected through downward delivery

And in Q.40 ans in ms is D but I wrote A as ethanol is produced by fermentation then how it is wrong?
As for the first question, pay careful attention to the wording. It says:
"Which apparatus is suitable to collect and measure the volume of carbon dioxide"
The downward delivery tube cannot measure volume, and gas syringe is definitely correct So your answer is B. I'm sorry about all this underlining my phone is going weird.
As for next question, ethanol is NOT unsaturated, so only 1 and 3 are correct, thus answer is C

Reaction score
As for the first question, pay careful attention to the wording. It says:
"Which apparatus is suitable to collect and measure the volume of carbon dioxide"
The downward delivery tube cannot measure volume, and gas syringe is definitely correct So your answer is B. I'm sorry about all this underlining my phone is going weird.
As for next question, ethanol is NOT unsaturated, so only 1 and 3 are correct, thus answer is C

Thanks for helping and in second question... sorry for my dumbness but hw ethanol is not unsaturated? I mean it doesn't contain double bonds.. ?

Reaction score
Thanks for helping and in second question... sorry for my dumbness but hw ethanol is not unsaturated? I mean it doesn't contain double bonds.. ?

Saturated is single bonds only.
Unsaturated is with double bonds.

thus ethanol is saturated as it doesn't have a double bond, and has single bonds only.

Reaction score
Saturated is single bonds only.
Unsaturated is with double bonds.

thus ethanol is saturated as it doesn't have a double bond, and has single bonds only.

Oh yes just looked at the notes. ... don't know what was going in my mind. .. looks like i m studying too much :D