• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Because In test B (iv) they carried out a test to check if there is a halide (chloride or bromide or iodide) with nitric acid and silver nitrate solution an the obervation was no change so that means it didnt contain chloride or bromide or iodide

Reaction score
Because In test B (iv) they carried out a test to check if there is a halide (chloride or bromide or iodide) with nitric acid and silver nitrate solution an the obervation was no change so that means it didnt contain chloride or bromide or iodide
I know this but why does the marking scheme say that I have to write only "not a chloride"!!!!! But never mind now I found the answer anyway

Reaction score
What is the answer you found why its not bromide or iodide
because we did a test and we found that a white precipitate is formed which means its sulphate but we just suspect, since its white precipitate, that its chloride so we make the halide test and we find that no precipitate was seen so thats why its just chloride

Reaction score
Copper(II) oxide and carbon are both black solids. Copper(II) oxide reacts with dilute sulfuric
acid to form aqueous copper(II) sulfate. Carbon does not react with dilute sulfuric acid.
You are given a mixture of copper(II) oxide and carbon and access to dilute sulfuric acid.
Plan an experiment to investigate the percentage of copper(II) oxide in the mixture.