• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
This is an easy way to learn reactivity series of metals:
Poor Silly Boys Can Marry Any Zombi If They Like How Can Mothers Save Pretty Girls?
Potassium
Sodium
Barium
Calcium
Magnesium
Aluminium
Zinc
Iron
Tin
Lead
Hydrogen
Copper
Mercury
Silver
Platinium
Gold
"Hope it Helped;)"
or
Please Send Cats, Monkeys, And Zebras In Large Hired Cages. Make Sure Good Padlock

Reaction score
btw platinum is more reactive than gold right?
not sure, some websites give platinum as more reactive while others give gold.(my teacher said it is gold which is more reactive)
anyway i dont think u will need this comparission because both of them are almost non reactive with other metals and are found free in nature.

Reaction score
I am Having trouble with the alpha and beta :/ i just cant state the difference?!
alpha is havier and slower than beta and has stronger ionising effect. it is +vely charged while beta is -vely charged. alpha is stopped by a thin sheet of paper it travels to shorter distances compared to beta and is less penetrating.

Reaction score
i asked because both aldehyde and ketone undergoes nuclophilic addition
carboxylic acid also have cabonyl group why it does not undergoes nuclophilic addition by HCN