• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Ya thats okay but my question is generally from which chapter do we start studying? And which is the biology text book that i need to follow to achieve my goal in IGCSE? By Authors Mary Jones and Geoff Jones Second edition?? Thanks for ur reference@
You start from the basics like the strutural differences between the plant and animal cell and diffusion and osmosis etc. These things are in the beginning chapters of all books. I suggest that you should use that green coloured biology book for GCSE, it's an excellent book.

Reaction score
i need another help in question 8c M/J 11 paper 32
and plus 10 c
thx in advance

OK :)
For torch lamp,I=0.25 , R=12 ohm (from the question)
For desk lamp, I=0.25 , R=960 ohm (from b )

As mentioned in the question they are now connected in series (both desk & torch lamp), so their total resistance would be :
formula=I1+I2 ,,,,, 690+12=972 ohm so this is the resistance for the circuit.

The voltage of the circuit is 240v as given in the question. So we will find the current.
formula I=V/R, =240/972=0.247A.

Now you just need to compare the current of the whole circuit with the current of each of the lamps.
0.25 > 0.247. So the filament will not melt ... Student Y is correct.

Reaction score
OK :)
For torch lamp,I=0.25 , R=12 ohm (from the question)
For desk lamp, I=0.25 , R=960 ohm (from b )

As mentioned in the question they are now connected in series (both desk & torch lamp), so their total resistance would be :
formula=I1+I2 ,,,,, 690+12=972 ohm so this is the resistance for the circuit.

The voltage of the circuit is 240v as given in the question. So we will find the current.
formula I=V/R, =240/972=0.247A.

Now you just need to compare the current of the whole circuit with the current of each of the lamps.
0.25 > 0.247. So the filament will not melt ... Student Y is correct.

thx again (y)

Reaction score
You start from the basics like the strutural differences between the plant and animal cell and diffusion and osmosis etc. These things are in the beginning chapters of all books. I suggest that you should use that green coloured biology book for GCSE, it's an excellent book.

Could u plz give me the name of the author? Thanks

Reaction score
Assalamu Aleykum Everyone.....

Can anyone please provide me with answers of the End of chapter questions of the IGCSE biology textbook by the author Mary and Geoff Jones..Thanks a lot!

JazakAllah

Reaction score
Assalamu Aleykum Everyone.....

Can anyone please provide me with answers of the End of chapter questions of the IGCSE biology textbook by the author Mary and Geoff Jones..Thanks a lot!

JazakAllah
which chapter are you talking about?