• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Red light has a wavelength of o.6 micrometers and travels at a speed of 3 x 10^14 micrometers/second.
Calculate the frequency of this light.
(Frequency = velocity/wavelength)

THANKS!

Just use the formula? :S (3x10^14/0.6)

Reaction score
Red light has a wavelength of o.6 micrometers and travels at a speed of 3 x 10^14 micrometers/second.
Calculate the frequency of this light.
(Frequency = velocity/wavelength)

THANKS!
F = V/W = 3*10^14/0.6
F = 5*10^14 Hz :p

Reaction score
sorry but i have a question which i always forget ...... what's a live wire?
A wire with a potential that goes from negative to positive, making the current flow from backwards and forwards through the circuit. :p

That's the best i got :) Anyone with a better definition? o_O

Reaction score
A wire with a potential that goes from negative to positive, making the current flow from backwards and forwards through the circuit. :p

That's the best i got :) Anyone with a better definition? o_O

A wire that carries a current ._.?

Reaction score
DOUBTS IN SYALLABUS.... PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!
1-adv. and disadv. for methods of production of electricity in terms of cost,reliability,scale and environmental impact
2-safety issues regarding th use of microwaves and x-rays
3-recall and use the simple electron model to distinguish betweein conductors and insulators
4-state the qualitative variation of the strength of the magnetic field over salient parts of the pattern
5-describe an experiment to show the corresponding force on beams of charged particals

Reaction score
Q2)
a) i) Student B
ii) Notice that the spring stretches proportionally with the load till 12.6 and after that, it's streching rate increases. This implies that it's Limit of Elasticity is somewhere around 12.6 cm and the student crossed that!

A single beam of light with a constant frequency/wavelength is known as monochromatic light

At B, it will take no turn and will go STRAIGHT as there is no change in the speed (same material). When it reaches the other surface, refract it away from the normal ;) (above)

a) You just have to say:
Like charges repel
Opposite charges attract
b) Due to friction, the car becomes charged (as the friction/air resistance 'rubs' against it) This causes a shock to the person when he touches the door handle as electrons are transferred to the person!
c)
i) The negative charges (electrons) are attracted by the rod's charge and thus, move towards it. (Get collected on the right side of the ball)
ii) This is because opposite charges attract! The electrons are ATTRACTED by the positively charged rod!
iii) The negative charges from the earth flow up the body into the ball, replacing the +ve charges. Therefore, the ball becomes negatively charged!

It will be 2 ohms only as 22 ohm resister will have no current through it as the current gets a better way :)

ii)
Total resistance = (R1*R2)/(R1+R2)
R1 is 22 + 2 = 24 ohms
R2 is 8 ohms

We use this formula because they are in parallel:

=(8*24)/(8+24)
= 6 ohms

a) Amplitude remains the same but you have to change it's wavelength by doing the calculation :p
b) If the PEAK TO PEAK height has to be increased... then you just have to INCREASE the volts/cm while keeping the TIME BASE same :)
THANK YOU SO MCUH1 U REALLY HAVE CLEARED MY DOUBTS..but some r still there
9 b i still didnt get y not 22 ohms?? :/
10 a- what calculation i am really confused about this topic oscilloscope........and b is What change, if any, must be made to the oscilloscope volts / cm and time-base controls
in order to REDUCE the peak-to-peak height of the trace to half that shown in Fig. 10.2? but u wrote
"PEAK TO PEAK height has to be INCREASED"

Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MCUH1 U REALLY HAVE CLEARED MY DOUBTS..but some r still there
9 b i still didnt get y not 22 ohms?? :/
10 a- what calculation i am really confused about this topic oscilloscope........and b is What change, if any, must be made to the oscilloscope volts / cm and time-base controls
in order to REDUCE the peak-to-peak height of the trace to half that shown in Fig. 10.2? but u wrote
"PEAK TO PEAK height has to be INCREASED"
9) b)
You will not take 22 ohms into account as it is a fact that current always flows through the route with the LESS resistance! It will take the route without the resistance and leave the 22 ohm resistor!

10)
a) It's kinda complicated i dunno how to explain
b) Sorry, typing mistake :p I meant:

To reduce the peak to peak height, you have to increase the volts/cm but keep the timebase the same :)

Reaction score
9) b)
You will not take 22 ohms into account as it is a fact that current always flows through the route with the LESS resistance! It will take the route without the resistance and leave the 22 ohm resistor!

10)
a) It's kinda complicated i dunno how to explain
b) Sorry, typing mistake :p I meant:

To reduce the peak to peak height, you have to increase the volts/cm but keep the timebase the same :)
THANKS A LOT :)