• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s07_qp_1.pdf
QUESTION 16 WHY IS IT C BUT NOT B???????
IM GOING TO DO TERRIBLY IN THE EXAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction 1 involves addition of O2, whenever one substance is oxidised, another has to be reduced!
Reaction 2 is also oxidisation!
In reaction 3, there is no oxidation or reduction, just water is added.

ALSO QUESTION 22 WHY IS IT C BUT NOT D?
It is neither oxidation nor reduction as the oxidation state of the iodide ion is unchanged!
It is precipitation as lead (II) iodide formed is a yellow precipitate.(y)

DON'T WORRY!:)

Reaction score
http://www.bcb.uwc.ac.za/SCI_ED/grade10/manphys/vessel.htm
Check out this link!
We said before that an organ consists of a group of tissues, right? If you go through this link, you will read the following: "The outer layer consist of white fibrous connective tissue which merges to the outside with the loose connective tissue in which artery is found. This helps to anchor the arteries because the heart pumps the blood through the arteries at a great pressure. The thick middle layer consist of elastic connective tissue and involuntary muscle tissue. "
So, we have fibrous tissue, connective tissue, elastic connective tissue and involuntary muscle tissue.
Aren't you still convinced?
Good luck in Tuesday's exam :)!
We have to DISCUSS to find out WHAT is right, not Argue to find out WHO is right ! (y) because when the examiners are checking our papers, they will give marks for the correct answer only and no one would like to lose a mark for such a thing, right?
AND, MY TEACHER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!:p
Thx btw for wishing me luck. As for this whole tissue and organ debate maybe ur right about them being organs :)

Maz

Reaction score
Thats like the weirdest thing ive ever heard!!U knw wat let me ask my teacher and see what he has to say!!
If I am not wrong you are confused whether arteries are tissues or organs, right?
Tissues are a group of similar cells, while arteries are made of different types of tissues ie different types of cells. eg. connective tissue and muscular tissue. (by the way this is just extra info)

Maz

Reaction score
wait its supposed to be a tissue ,cells that work together share the same function! how on earth can an ARTERY!!! be an organ!!
Don't go by externel looks of the arteries in our textbooks. They may look like as if they are made up of one typr of cells, but are really made up of different types (and so are veins).