• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Er for this question, you can't really explain it over XPC..
Thing is you have to first solve the whole question , which requires drawing lines and measuring angles..
But basically for that part they're asking , if the mirror is moved at an angle of theta (which is 10 degrees, it's given in the question.. they ask you to reflect it at an angle of 10 degrees) will the reflected ray move twice as much, so 20 degrees. It all depends on what you get for part (iv).

i kinda got it . thanks bro

Reaction score
All right so basically there asking, if you use a longer piece of metal with the same mass , would the extension be the same?
Obviously not, it would be greater.
The next part asks if the density would be the same, and since according to the formula they have provided if E2 increases, so does your density x)

Hope you got it!
Yea i get that but it says that the load is submerged in water ? is it related to water's pressure acting on the load?

Reaction score
Does anyone have some notes or like help sheets for physics paper 6?
Tips, advice? Any resources?

Reaction score
i kinda got it . thanks bro

Sorry, didn't know how to explain that , but your welcome :z

Yea i get that but it says that the load is submerged in water ? is it related to water's pressure acting on the load?

I don't think so, if it were related to water pressure then the extension would be less as it ISN'T completley submerged..
Look at your answers for the previous load, before it is submerged you get 3.1cm, after it is submerged you get 2.4.
There's a decrease in it's extension for being FULLY submerged in water, since the taller load wasn't fully submerged you can conclude it's extension would be greater. That's how I'd answer it x)

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't know how to explain that , but your welcome :z

I don't think so, if it were related to water pressure then the extension would be less as it ISN'T completley submerged..
Look at your answers for the previous load, before it is submerged you get 3.1cm, after it is submerged you get 2.4.
There's a decrease in it's extension for being FULLY submerged in water, since the taller load wasn't fully submerged you can conclude it's extension would be greater. That's how I'd answer it x)
Alright :D thx

Reaction score
Could someone explain how ammonia, iron, copper and other ores are purified etc for igcse?
Thx