• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP queries............!!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to ask the following questions regarding ATP
  • What is a fiducial aid? Let me know of its significance in experiments
    Whats a transulcent screen?
    What does the phrase mean "check to see if connections are clean" in electrical experiments?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Reaction score
A fiducial aid is something like a marker which is used to identify the position of an object clearly, ex: in a pendulum a fiducial aid is used to know the mid point of the oscillation and so count the number of oscillations accurately
Translucent screen is a screen where only some light can pass through it (its blurry when looked from outside)
I think Connection are clean means that the wires and other components are connected properly to the circuit (its complete/not broken)
Correct me if any of the above is wrong :)
All the best !

Reaction score
Intelnehalem has answered it correctly as far as I know. To the third point, I would like to add that clean connections are used to ensure that the resistance of the circuit itself is low (minimum internal resistance). This is what our teacher told us.
Good luck! :)