• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics AS or A-level help offered

Reaction score
Am currently in holidays and have a lot of free time. If you have any problems in AS or A-level Physics, email me at [email protected] to get a detailed answer.

P.S Everything is for free :D Just remember me in your prayers please

Reaction score
Am currently in holidays and have a lot of free time. If you have any problems in AS or A-level Physics, email me at [email protected] to get a detailed answer.

P.S Everything is for free :D Just remember me in your prayers please
thanks Taci12
sign me up!
i misssed a month of classes of physics .Though i studied the syllabus my concepts are still weak.

Reaction score
Hello everybody, sorry for the late reply, I have been having problems signing into xtremepapers for some reason. Anyhow, if could all please email me your problems at [email protected], I'd be most glad to help! Just specify the year, paper and question please. Thank you all : )

Reaction score

This is the only question I'm answering on this thread, henceforth please email me! I'm just lazy to come here everyday : P

The resultant force acting on the whole system = F
Newton's 2nd law: F= mass x acceleration

Since the blocks are joined, they move with the same acceleration. but their total mass is 4m.

so: F=4ma ---->first equation

The question asks for the force exerted by block X on block Y, this is the same (i.e equal magnitude but opposite in direction) as the reaction by block Y on block X.

mass of block Y=3m

let the force exerted by X on Y = force exerted by Y on X =F1

F1= 3ma ----->second equation

from the first equation, we see that:
ma = F/4

replacing this in the second equation:

F1= 3 x (F/4) = 3F/4

Reaction score
Well i am having problem in solving questions although i understand the concepts. But dont knw how to apply them properly. Any ideas

Reaction score
Well i am having problem in solving questions although i understand the concepts. But dont knw how to apply them properly. Any ideas

Practice, practice, practice. That's really all there is to it. Keep trying, eventually it will come naturally to you. Work out every single paper, every question you can get your hands on. If you have to spend two hours on a single question to get the right answer, do it. This will help you enormously for your exams later on.

Good luck and best wishes! :)

Reaction score
can anyone help me with these physics questions?

Attachments

• physics questions.docx
    50.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Practice, practice, practice. That's really all there is to it. Keep trying, eventually it will come naturally to you. Work out every single paper, every question you can get your hands on. If you have to spend two hours on a single question to get the right answer, do it. This will help you enormously for your exams later on.

Good luck and best wishes! :)
Thanks.