• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics and Chemistry Paper 5 (Designing)

Reaction score
Can somebody help me with the Designing Paper which comes. I have no idea since i didn't practice much of these papers in my school. So can somebody help me in telling me how should i prepare for these papers since they are like the opposite of Practials which came in As-level.
Guiding me to some specific book or notes that i should read before attempting these papers.

Oh and btw is there any chance that Paper 5 can be predicted just like Paper 33 or 34 which used to come in the As? Do our teachers know about Paper 5 aswell?

Help will be appreciated.
Thanks. =)

Reaction score
hey,,,all you have to do is practice pastpprs as much as you want!!!
well, there is this guidebook containing all practicals in details, try to read it and understand it and study how the experiment is carry out, what limitations precautions are taken, repeats!!!
or if you dont have that book, simply go through the markschemes and study out the main points..u'll find out the same pattern is followed everytime, same type pf answers given in the same type of question(mainly the carrying out exp one) so go through that, u'll have an idea of what to write in the real exam given any diffrent question, and no, you cannot predict what is actually cuming in ppr5, unlyk in p3..cuz its alternate to practical, which you're not performing but planning how to do it!!
and i dont think teachers wud know about it, its just lyk ppr 4,2 coming in the same day on your exam, and they dont know abt these either..so yeah...as far as you know the pattern,its better for you then!!!
good luck!

Reaction score
Edifier said:
Can somebody help me with the Designing Paper which comes. I have no idea since i didn't practice much of these papers in my school. So can somebody help me in telling me how should i prepare for these papers since they are like the opposite of Practials which came in As-level.
Guiding me to some specific book or notes that i should read before attempting these papers.

Oh and btw is there any chance that Paper 5 can be predicted just like Paper 33 or 34 which used to come in the As? Do our teachers know about Paper 5 aswell?

Help will be appreciated.
Thanks. =)

hey wat i do no is dat a real close frnd of mine woke up on da day of ppr n b4 entrin xm hall frnd was sure it was goin 2 b hall probe which frnd didnt no how 2 do
n sure it is last yr it was hall probe
talkin bout phy!!!!!!!!

bout prep
i ll tell u bout an awesome book
u mite no about it already
its called teachers copy AS anD A LEVEL PRACTICAL SKILLS
2 books
dey cover every single detail and also write it in point form 4m students and tchrs percpective!!
give it a try
it shd b available here on xtreme pprs since it is published by cambride along with everythin else
ask da admin around here if u cant find it by urself
its precise 2 and most ok ...may b all da prac comes from here!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reaction score
sorry i jst sw ur post n yeah its da one da princess suggested
dere would b one 4 p5 2 beneath it
u can check it in downloads under respective sub
nxt time kindly pm me 2 inquire cuz it gets hard 2 follow links!