• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 9702 p51 2017 was okay?

Reaction score
I messed up on the error bars, I got 0.01 but apparently it was supposed to be 5 boxes up and 5 down I did half of a small box. Sad.

Reaction score
what gradient did you get? and what variables did you get for gradient and y intercept? L or V/2 something ?

Reaction score
yes but i think you will still get the marks for gradient for ecf...o.o1 was represented by 5 boxes..i didnt get this gradient :(

Reaction score
9.13×10^-9
Is the error bar I did wrong?
I got 9x 10^-3 as gradient cause I saw from past papers that only if a power is stated outside then you include it like there are some past papers with grams in the graph but your not supposed to convert to kilograms

Reaction score
what gradient did you get? and what variables did you get for gradient and y intercept? L or V/2 something ?
I messed up on the error bars, I got 0.01 but apparently it was supposed to be 5 boxes up and 5 down I did half of a small box. Sad.
I got 9x 10^-3 as gradient cause I saw from past papers that only if a power is stated outside then you include it like there are some past papers with grams in the graph but your not supposed to convert to kilograms
What points did you guys include in Q1? I wrote everything I could think of but they weren't adding up to 15. I was only getting like 10 pts

Reaction score
What points did you guys include in Q1? I wrote everything I could think of but they weren't adding up to 15. I was only getting like 10 pts
yes, same here.I wrote everything I could think of.
1) I described about dependent and independent variable and how i measured them
2) I kept wooden block under the inclined slope to maintain the angle.
3) I mentioned about the graph and way to obtain g as asked in question( though i don't think i justified it correctly )
4) mentioned about repeats and average
5)relationship between the angle and velocity is satisfied if the graph is a straight line.
6) equipments to measure the velocity
7) smooth surface to prevent friction
8) factors to be kept constant
that's all i can remember though i am afraid i didnt mention much about the additional improvements.

Reaction score
Are you sure about it? because i got the gradient as 9x10 ^-6

Reaction score
yea i was quite sure cause i did a paper which had a quantity in grams on the axis but you didnt have to convert it to kilograms then i noticed that only when theres a power stated outside is when you use it but well see anyway

Reaction score
yes, same here.I wrote everything I could think of.
1) I described about dependent and independent variable and how i measured them
2) I kept wooden block under the inclined slope to maintain the angle.
3) I mentioned about the graph and way to obtain g as asked in question( though i don't think i justified it correctly )
4) mentioned about repeats and average
5)relationship between the angle and velocity is satisfied if the graph is a straight line.
6) equipments to measure the velocity
7) smooth surface to prevent friction
8) factors to be kept constant
that's all i can remember though i am afraid i didnt mention much about the additional improvements.
i felt like i wrote excess cant remember everything that i wrote but it was alot of points