• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 9702/33 Practical Exam taken, time to Rate it!

Rate it?

• EASY

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Medium

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Not hard but tricky

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
hi. i signed up to this community because of this very paper. it was damn easy, no joke. but i fhked up question 1.
i measured 0.06m, and then *ASSUMED* that the distance between the holes was 1 cm, and hence for the following values of h, i put 0.06, 0.07, 0.08...0.11 m as my set of 6 values. i saw this mistake when there was 15 mins left, and since it took like 30 mins to do the plotting graph, working on calculator etc, i just gave up. however, everything else i put was correct, as in my graph was perfect, gradient, etc..

anyone know if i'll get follow through for that? i mean everything was right its just my values of h are only slightly different..

EDIT: i did question 2 first.. and i finished it in 30 mins. had it been question 1 that i did first, i wouldve had plenty of time to correct everything and score full marks...
so ya, anyone know whats the deal?

Reaction score
well initially i measured the distance as 0.09m, which is correct. however, as i began drawing the table, some stupid idea came in, that i looked at the lamina and said wait.. point the distance from point 14 to point 9 is 6 cm, not 9 cm.. so wrote that instead. then of course i wrote in the table the first value of h as 6 cm, the 2nd as 7 cm, etc until the 6th value as 11 cm.
when i went over the paper i changed (again) the first value of h and put it back as 0.09m, however i left everything in the graph as it was.
all im hoping for is that the examiners look at the values that i used for h, and give me my follow through points at least, cause everything else i got right.

Reaction score
hi, i want to knw if there is any mistake on my graph will i b penalised for d the other following questns....

Reaction score
It was tough, My graph was a mess :'(

And what was the relation in Q2. v remained constant or not?

Seem, i'll have to repeat in May/June 2013!

Reaction score
guys it was easy. i know i made a mistake, but it wasnt cause i didnt know or anything, its just cause i confused a tiny little detail which i saw when going over my paper which was at a point when it was too late. but i know my mistake, and i can safely say the paper was easy stuff.
if you make a mistake in your graph, as long as your m and c aint affected much, you can still earn the other 2 pts for finding p and q since they were straight forward.
and yeh i put the v as constant since the % difference was less than 20%. (also i think the component of force down the slope due to increases in mass do not relate to the velocity)

Reaction score
What did you get ?
Hehee....VERY EASY paper!!
Gradient must b in the range of 3.00-6.00 (it depends on ur values) me i got 3.66
and y-intercept = 4.53 x10^-2 (0.0453)
Im pretty sure that it is gud...my teachers confirmed it!!

Reaction score
Hehee....VERY EASY paper!!
Gradient must b in the range of 3.00-6.00 (it depends on ur values) me i got 3.66
and y-intercept = 4.53 x10^-2 (0.0453)
Im pretty sure that it is gud...my teachers confirmed it!!

Good !
I mean what kind of practical did you get ?

Reaction score
See, Um I want to know the threshold for this paper ! Cuz i nailed the second part ..get around 18/20. But the first part, I did upto the table,tahts 9 marks ! Couldn make the graph and hence no gradient, nothing ! So im expecting just 10-12 in first one. and 18 in second. Will i get D?

Reaction score
paper ws easy, but i messed up wth the graph initially, but was my mistake as i read T^2h as T^2/h,
so have to redraw the whole graph, bbut did it Allham dulillah.
Thanks to Almighty Allah, that he helped me during my paper, and just becuz of him, i rechecked my values and all again. :)
second ques was easy too, but i thnk i did sumthng wrong with s. :/
but it wnt well!

Reaction score
the students who got ques1 first wre in bnft, cox it ws lengthy. while the people who gt ques2 frst, mostly missed the last part of ques 1. or even the graphs. :(