• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 9702/21

How did you find the exam??

• Total voters
Reaction score
for finding the energy lost
ke=pe+enery lost
wasnt kintetic enery 5. something
and potential energy 4. something
?

Reaction score
cuz it asked what was the frictional force and you knew that KE=GPE + HEAT FRICTION cuz it was upwards and when it reached 21m V=0 by calculating HEAT enrygy u divided by 21m and got the force by W=FD
Did the same..

Reaction score
The first page..base units stuff was easy
Then the last page alpha scattering was good
I got 8:1 and 1:8 for the ratio stuff
Energy conventions I did from chemical to electrical for battery
And for resistor I did electrical to chemical and heat
Wat about the question after that..the rate of energy transfer for battery and resistor A??
The vector question I got 49.5 for tension and 44.2 degrees
For the other question with the falling ball..I got KE and then PE..minus the two to get the energy lost or whatever
For force I did work done is equal to force times distance so just divide remaining energy by height which is 21m...can't remember answer though
For the kinetic model..u just say they collide with the Walls, change in momentum, force exerted thus pressure
For ideal gases, always elastic collisions because relative speed of approach is equal to separation and there are no intermolecular forces
For O to P thingy idk what I did..just wrote its a minima, pi radians phase difference and lambda by two path difference..not sure if its right though

Reaction score
i said for elastic collisions because KE is conseverd as the speed of approach = the speed of seperation as no heat is evlolved in the collision and there are no intermolecular forces! For OP u said that at P there was a point of maxima as the path differnce was 6 lambda indicating pointo of constructive interference ! and halfway betwee o p there was a point of minama The conditions were coherence same single frequency (monochromatic) maintain the same phase relationship and incident waves had to be perfectly in phase (2pi) for cpmstructive interference to take place