• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 52 2017 May June

Reaction score
I think I wrote the wrong dependant and independant variable. I wrote keep mass of cube constant and density. Current and potential difference across motor should be constant. Measure r with ruler and m with balance. Clean surface of turntable. Use safety screen to protect hair being trapped in turntable. And then of motor to avoid overheating. I said use alternate power supply with variable frequency signal generator. Reading frequency of generator. Measuring r when cube stabilizes. I wrote plot a graph between 1/r and f. Relationship valid if straight line from origin. Keep current constant using rheostat and ammeter. Cathode Ray Oscilloscope can be used to measure frequency to by multiplying number of blocks with timebase settings and then doing 1/t to get f. I wrote that pass a small enough frequency to produce measurable value of r and repeat experiment for values of Frequency and take average r. I already feel quite upset, but have I salvaged some marks or E.C.f ?

Reaction score
I think I wrote the wrong dependant and independant variable. I wrote keep mass of cube constant and density. Current and potential difference across motor should be constant. Measure r with ruler and m with balance. Clean surface of turntable. Use safety screen to protect hair being trapped in turntable. And then of motor to avoid overheating. I said use alternate power supply with variable frequency signal generator. Reading frequency of generator. Measuring r when cube stabilizes. I wrote plot a graph between 1/r and f. Relationship valid if straight line from origin. Keep current constant using rheostat and ammeter. Cathode Ray Oscilloscope can be used to measure frequency to by multiplying number of blocks with timebase settings and then doing 1/t to get f. I wrote that pass a small enough frequency to produce measurable value of r and repeat experiment for values of Frequency and take average r. I already feel quite upset, but have I salvaged some marks or E.C.f ?
What were your independant and dependant variable,your rest of experiment is quite famaliar with mine ,but i used CRO for measuring frequency.
Independant or dependant can b either frequency or distance r,
What was your %age error in Q?last part of Q2

Reaction score
Hi 5 Brudda, independant was f and dependant was r, I got 44 percent.

What were your independant and dependant variable,your rest of experiment is quite famaliar with mine ,but i used CRO for measuring frequency.
Independant or dependant can b either frequency or distance r,
What was your %age error in Q?last part of Q2

Reaction score
Examiner will accept ,both variables can be interchange.
I did this type of question before, It was stated that both can be change. This was quite similar.

Reaction score
It was stated that ,angular frquency is independant.. this was quite familar i guess with today's one.. difference is that there is a relation ship between frequency and cos@
while ours stated for frequency and distance.r