• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 31, If 15 more minutes were provided

Reaction score
Guys, about the Paper 31. There was a question that gave us the atmospheric pressure and told us to calculate the pressure (I don't remember the question exactly, but it was the second question in the section with the manometer of 250mm). Does anyone know the question and how it is solved?

Reaction score
then the pressure 120000 pa +the atmospheric pressure the second question

Reaction score
no sorry the pressure isnt 120000 the density was 13600 so the pressure is 34000 pa and the second part 34000 + 102000=136000pa

Reaction score
Actual Pressure = Atmospheric pressure + excess pressure (this is the equation according to my text book and used this in many past test papers done in our school). The pressure in (a) is the excess since it was the pressure of the 250mm. While 2.10x10^5 Pa is the atmospheric pressure. So the question wanted the total pressure which is the actual pressure so you must add them to get it since two pressures were acting. Also, does anyone remember what was the (b) question exactly since I forget the question. Hope someone will reply soon.

Reaction score
Also, you can notice that in Paper 31 May/June 2011. There is a similar question i.e. question no. 3 (b) (iii). They got the excess pressure and then added it to the atmospheric pressure. There is also in Paper 33 October/November 2012 (I think Q3. too).

Reaction score
Guys, about the Paper 31. There was a question that gave us the atmospheric pressure and told us to calculate the pressure (I don't remember the question exactly, but it was the second question in the section with the manometer of 250mm). Does anyone know the question and how it is solved?
Atmospheric pressure + pressure in part A

Reaction score
hey guys... any comment on the pressure question?like the final question which asks whst the total pressure acting on the flask....
do we add or subtract the pressure value obtained and the atmospheric pressure?