• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

phy P4 help

Reaction score
Yeah.. ES calcualtors make ur life easy during exam! u can chek all the differentiation, integration. obtain data to sketch graphs, solve equations, not to forget the trignometry functions. So, its best ;)

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Press 'Mode' 2 times and press '3' to enter 'BASE' mode.
Make sure you're entering value in decimal (or your required mode) by pressing 'DEC' (x² button).
Enter the value, press = and press 'BIN' to convert it into binary.

Reaction score
Im tempted to buy a ES calc now.. shall i buy it when the exams are so close?? :SSSS.. i hav one of those non-natural display onewhich can do quadratic equations and a somple natural display wala calc... but i want the silver one.. shall i buy it now???

Reaction score
When it aint allowed no use in buying it. Secondly the examiner's aint dumb. They know such calculators exist. So the marks are for the method. Not the answer.

Reaction score
Zazzyo said:
Im tempted to buy a ES calc now.. shall i buy it when the exams are so close?? :SSSS.. i hav one of those non-natural display onewhich can do quadratic equations and a somple natural display wala calc... but i want the silver one.. shall i buy it now???
well... buying it now, will slow ur speed in exam. so i dun recommend!

Reaction score
Vnza said:
When it aint allowed no use in buying it. Secondly the examiner's aint dumb. They know such calculators exist. So the marks are for the method. Not the answer.
It is allowed. like i mentioned b4, i used it in AS. n ofcourse, no 1 is dat dumb to do evrythin on calculator. My point is, it just makes ur answer correct for sure!

Reaction score
I took an ES calculator for my o level stats paper. My calculator wasn't taken, while a guy's calculator was taken by the invigilator. So you see depends on the invigilator.

Are you from Pakistan?

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
It can be used without any issues.
ES series is far more better than MS ones.
Buy it as soon as possible and practise at least 4-5 papers using ES.
I'll recommend Fx-570ES. It gives you best value for money too. :)

Reaction score
Vnza said:
I took an ES calculator for my o level stats paper. My calculator wasn't taken, while a guy's calculator was taken by the invigilator. So you see depends on the invigilator.

Are you from Pakistan?
yup m from lahore. dunno y dat guy took it from him. he shud have complained cuz it aint that local board exam scenario... Where even ur marks depends on examiner's mood :D

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
If that happens to any of you, inform your school teacher (or British Council) immediately after paper.
Your teacher (or British Council) will send a letter to CIE within 24hrs and they'll keep that into consideration while checking your paper.

Reaction score
@ Jazib

Haha true. I am taking ES for my Computing Exam.

Whens your first paper?

Reaction score
i have some problems, can someone plz help me out?
jun 05 q7c
nov 06 q3c
jun 03 q2 a

looking forward for a rply...and thanx in advance. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal."

Reaction score
http://notezone.net/cambridgechem/chemi ... sis%5D.pdf plz go dix link pg 11 n c answers below of it

First of all you need the mass of FA1. In the first table you have the mass of the empty test tube and the

mass of the test tube + FA1. All you do is subtract the values 12.80 - 10.50 giving you 2.30g of FA1.

In the second table you need the mass of FA1 after heating. Again, you just subtract the values 11.76 -

10.50 = 1.26g FA1 after heating.

1 d. (i) The mass of anhydrous XS04 present in the crystals is what is left over after heating = 1.26g

1 d. (ii) The mass of water driven from the crystals is the loss in mass that has occurred when the FA1 was

heated. Before heating there were 2.30g of FA1 and after heating there were 1.26g. So the mass of water

lost is 2.30 - 1.26 = 1.04g

1 e. To calculate the number of moles of water in the sample of FA1 you use the formula no. of moles =

mass/mass of 1 mole which gives you 1.04/18 = 0.058 mol

1 f. The number of moles in XSO4
7 moles of H20 gives 1 mole XSO4 (from the formula XSO4.7H20)
So 0.058 moles of water give 0.058/7 = 8.29 x 10 ^ -3 moles of XSO4

1 g. To calculate the relative formula mass of XSO4 you use the formula mass of 1 mole = mass/no. of

moles which gives you 1.26/8.29 x 10 ^ -3 = 152.7

1 h. To calculate the Ar of element X you first find the Mr of SO4 which is 32 + (4 x 16) = 96
You subtract this from the RFM from part g giving you 152.7 - 96 = 56.7