• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Percentage Uniform Marks

Reaction score
Hi, i recently completed my O levels, but am still quite confused about percentage uniform marks. I know that the thresh hold for an A * is 90% and A is 80 % and i know that this doesnt mean that 90% raw marks but how are they calculated. For example if some did a good math paper and was expecting 75/80 in paper 12 and 95/100 in paper 22 then :

75/80 =93.75% * 50 =46.88
95/100 = 95% * 50 =47.5

=94.4%

his raw marks would be 94% and he tells me he can get an easy A*, with those marks is it possible for him to get an A or a B even though his raw marks fall above 90%. are percentage uniform marks to a disadvantage?

Reaction score
Is the percentage uniform mark the same as the actual mark that the candidate obtains on the question paper?
No. The percentage uniform mark is not the same as the actual mark that the candidate obtains on the question paper. This is because it depends on the position of the grade thresholds (which may vary from one series to another and from one subject to another) and it has been converted into a percentage. The percentage uniform mark does not affect the grade a candidate receives, it simply shows whether they are in the middle of a grade, or near the top or bottom.

Reaction score
yup toxic devils answer is perfectly correct it doesnt really mean that Percentage marks are the true marks !!