• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper Recheck

Reaction score
I just got my O level results.... and Alhamdulillah got 6A*s, 1A n 1B(in Urdu B).....
I don't understand why i got the B, the paper went good n all, so i am planin to send the paper for rechecking..... any ideas about?? Is it recommended??? And how do i do it??? And grades can decrease as well as increase right??

Reaction score
I just got my O level results.... and Alhamdulillah got 6A*s, 1A n 1B(in Urdu B).....
I don't understand why i got the B, the paper went good n all, so i am planin to send the paper for rechecking..... any ideas about?? Is it recommended??? And how do i do it??? And grades can decrease as well as increase right??

i also heard that overall Urdu grades are low .. donno if its correct :p :\ ..... well well..... on the part of sending the results for rechecking to the CIE pple ..... chances are bleak ....... cuz few lucky ones only get them improved ..... i have seen pple increasing from 86 to 90 in islamiat ... ... and many remaining at 78 and 88 ..... even after rechecking :\ :\ ... so its luck that matters or the pple rechecking the paper...otherwise .... couple of fellows have reappeared in Islamiat ( including me ) to improve my grade from B and ended up on an A* in Islamiat, Alhamdulilah ......... rest is up to you brother :) ....

May you get the best result ! :)

Reaction score
i also heard that overall Urdu grades are low .. donno if its correct :p :\ ..... well well..... on the part of sending the results for rechecking to the CIE pple ..... chances are bleak ....... cuz few lucky ones only get them improved ..... i have seen pple increasing from 86 to 90 in islamiat ... ... and many remaining at 78 and 88 ..... even after rechecking :\ :\ ... so its luck that matters or the pple rechecking the paper...otherwise .... couple of fellows have reappeared in Islamiat ( including me ) to improve my grade from B and ended up on an A* in Islamiat, Alhamdulilah ......... rest is up to you brother :) ....

Yea i have heard other students from various schools saying how only a couple of people got good grades.... the rest are average!!!

Reaction score
:eek: i have been observing extremely good grades in urdu, total failures got A, which board are you talking about and in pakistan??

Reaction score

does reappearing has any effect on scholarship

Reaction score
:eek: i have been observing extremely good grades in urdu, total failures got A, which board are you talking about and in pakistan??

O level, n in Pakistan.... pta nai situation bari confusing hai... kuch bht buron ka bht aala aaya hai(i know 1 atleast), aur kuch bht achon ka bht bura hai !!!

Reaction score

Hell, I got a B in urdu back then and I could barely read. You should note the name of the syllabus is "Second Language Urdu". CIE judges your proficiency from the point of view that you DIDN'T grow up with it, and learned it in your 3 years in o levels. By that criteria, its not hard to get an A for a Pakistani. They have to judge you as if you're an angraiz learning it.

Reaction score

dont go for recheck in urdu , urdu is easy so just retake it, and as far as ik , its very rare that they improve da grade so its risky .
ps even if its gt is low it wont be low then 100/110 for A* ......and lastly if u go for recheck u will be simply wasting ur money so plz plz dont go for recheck

Reaction score
Hell, I got a B in urdu back then and I could barely read. You should note the name of the syllabus is "Second Language Urdu". CIE judges your proficiency from the point of view that you DIDN'T grow up with it, and learned it in your 3 years in o levels. By that criteria, its not hard to get an A for a Pakistani. They have to judge you as if you're an angraiz learning it.

i know...thats the main reason i was thickin for the recheck.... Urdu ne straight As begaar diay!!
Retaking is an hassle yar!!! A levels shuru kar rha hon... abhi waapis paper kon de!! :p

Reaction score
i know...thats the main reason i was thickin for the recheck.... Urdu ne straight As begaar diay!!
Retaking is an hassle yar!!! A levels shuru kar rha hon... abhi waapis paper kon de!! :p

remember in equivlance ull get 75% for B and 85% for A grade .....aur 10 marks lose krna wo bhi itnay simple sub mai ...its totalllyyy nonsense ......im saying just reappear it .....now its up to u ...as u wish

Reaction score
yeah shinnyyy is right ...... mark difference counts alot if applying to uniz later after 2-3 years ........ i was abut to be a victim of this thing .... but thanks God ... was saved .......and yeah Zuhsid its a hustle and noone wants to repeat and give the same old papers and notes another reading ..... thinking you have already done it ..... but dude think of the future ...... think of the 10 marks that are too much in the uni side ..... more than 5-6 people are standing on one mark .... trying to compete .... as i have gone through the experience i know it sucks ...... rechecking can be done still! ... if you think you would be lucky enough to have improved grade ...... but the option that the candidates have been trying from the past 5 yera and being successful is better.... many people reappear ....obviously you wont be having ample time for the Alevels + these subjects ...... I have met and seen people doing Alevels with Islamiat retake .... imagine the whole units and chapters of the Islamiat ...... and he scored well ! and in Urdu ... just have a fixed time every day .... as well as doing the Alevels things .... cuz they are very important too ... make time table and adjust accordingly in this session

Best of Luck from Silent Hunter :p :D

Reaction score
Yeah Silent Hunter and shinnyyy are right, there is not a lot of chance in Urdu in rechecking. 10 marks does have a difference but if you're applying in foreign or private unis then Urdu doesn't really count. Grades can decrease but as only about 5% get less than B in Urdu, it is a safe method. You can retake it in October as Urdu will not take much time. If you want to recheck then download the form from British Council's site, read more here. The form for 2012 is here as a sample, one for 2013 will be out soon.

Reaction score
O level, n in Pakistan.... pta nai situation bari confusing hai... kuch bht buron ka bht aala aaya hai(i know 1 atleast), aur kuch bht achon ka bht bura hai !!!
true that
i have been having a lot of surprises in class i know atleast 10 such cases

Reaction score
I also want to get my papers rechecked - I got a B in Physics and Add Maths though I performed really well in both and I received A*s in my mock papers too. I need advice as to whether I should apply for recheck or reappearance? If I wait for the recehck results, and my grades unfortunately don't improve, it would be too late to register for the November 2013 session for a retake, right?