• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper Discussion History

Reaction score
I would better say don't discuss it... I mean if you have left something or even if you haven't and have written something else then then the others have... It will make you worry.... And you won't be able to concentrate on your coming papers... So better discuss after EXAMs..

Reaction score
I did the same questions !! here is my response

Q1
a)What were the acheivements of ShahWaliUllah? [4]
-First to notice decline of Mughals
-Translated Quran into Persian
-Wrote 51 books and ended hositility between Shia and Sunnis
-Invited Afghan King Ahmed Shah Abdali to defeat Marthas.

b)Why was the British successful in expanding its territory between 1750 and 1850? [7]
-No presence of Strong central government to stop British
-India divided and fought each other and considered the British as an ally.
-Britian was first country to experience Industrial revolution and as a result had superior army.

c)Marathal Expansion was the most Important reason for the decline of Mughal Empire? Explain your answer [14]
-Policies of Aurangzeb (re-imposing of Jazia,Destruction of temples) angered the Hindus.
-Marathas rebelled against his rule and had to spend 10 years of his life fighting with them. As a result their was shortage of revenue.
-ShahWaliUllah Invited Ahmed Shah Abdali to defeat marathas in battle of Panipat in 1761 but still they were threat to empire.
-Later rulers had to spend high amount of treasury to be able to afford the military campigains against Marathas and as a result they had to impose high taxes which made their rule un-popular.
-Marathas also raided many cities and invaded the Mughal empire due to which it sharnk in size.

Q3
a)Describe the Rowlatt Act. [4]
-Act passed by Justice Rowlatt in 1919 due to protest of Indians over Montague reforms and they were passed to impose strick control over Indians.

b)Why was the government of India Act of 1935 so important for the future of sub-continent? [7]
-High level of Provincial autonomy
-Right to vote increased significantly
-Used as future constitution of Pak and india

c)'Partion or Reversal'Was the reason for Partition of Bengal in 1905 more important than those which caused its reversal? Explain your answer. [14]
-Bengal Partition as because of Administrative problems. (85 million population)
-Lord Curzon wanted to develop friendly relations with Muslims
-wanted to stop Congress protest and marches because of vernacular Act
-Reason caused reversal were Increase in Protest and strikes
-Swedeshi movement
-Assasination attempt.

Q5)
a)What were the problems faced by Nawaz in 1990? [4]
-Coperative society Scandal
-Dispute with president over 8th Ammendment

b)Why did Zia introduced the package of the Islamic reforms between 1979 and 1988? [7]
-Islamic Ideology provided perfect conter of Bhutto's reforms
-Wanted to make pakistan an Islamic state
-Wanted to show his support to Freedom fighters in Afghanistan.

c)Political cause was the most important factor which led to the creation of Bangladesh? explain your answer. [14]
-Though major in Constituent Assembly still West wing had more power in politics
-Long rule of Ayub Khan resented
-Unfair dismissal of Khuwaja Nazimuddin and Ali bogra seen as the sign of disrespect.
-Moreover all the officers even in East wing came from the west wing.
-Though consitution of 1962 stated that if President was from west than speaker of national assembly was from east.

R

Ramsha23

In Q1 c part u dont have to write about shah wali ullah and how he defeated but you have to write first about marathas then other reasons like later mughal rulers were incompetent, arrival of british, aurangzeb reforms,invasions etc

Reaction score
Ramsha23 said:
In Q1 c part u dont have to write about shah wali ullah and how he defeated but you have to write first about marathas then other reasons like later mughal rulers were incompetent, arrival of british, aurangzeb reforms,invasions etc
I mentioned little about Shah Wali Ullah and linked it to decline of Mughals !!

Reaction score
yeah u could write abt that Marathas were destroyed by ASA when SWu called him so @salmanpakrocks is okay and correct.
Hope we all get an A* :p

R

Ramsha23

I did this question but i did not knew abt it but it was sumthng related to grease catridges....

Reaction score
i wrote for 2a) After the brits killed the muslim and hindu sepoys Nana Sahib of Kanpur ordered a massacre of all Britishers. (I dont remember the exact figure maybe 200) mostly women and children were killed. Sir Syed who was at time in Kanpur gave shelter to them for this he recieved an estate but he declined. In retaliation British killed all those who were sympathetic to Indian troops.

Reaction score
guys ..i wrote these in q 3 (c) :p

administration process can be easy
hindu view
muslim view
swadeshi movement
riots and assasination attempt
simla deputatation
morley minto reforms
formation of muslim league

guys i am worried..how much marks can i expect out of 14?? plz reply

Reaction score
also i attempted q 4 and i wrote following in c part

allama iqbal allahabad speech,poetry books were important in motivating for separate home land etc
and for rehmat ali pakistan name phamphlet etc and a judgement is that enough!!???

Reaction score
for iqbal i wrote
-poems,speeches
-allahabad address
-federation

for rehmat ali
-panphlet
-name pakistan
-areas of pakistan like p from punjab etc
-wanted separate country.

I DONT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE CUZ ITS BEEN MANY DAYS SINCE WE HAVE GIVEN PAPER OF HISTORY :p

Reaction score
niazbeen said:
guys ..i wrote these in q 3 (c) :p

administration process can be easy
hindu view
muslim view
swadeshi movement
riots and assasination attempt
simla deputatation
morley minto reforms
formation of muslim league

guys i am worried..how much marks can i expect out of 14?? plz reply
I will give you about 10 !!
you did not mention the actual cause of partition rather focused on its effect or the reason for its reversal !!

Reaction score
thnx for the reply!!! :)

there is no negative marking??? :p

and just wandering how much marks can i get for writing the points i mentioned in 4(c)???