• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 5 Tips !! :)

Reaction score
pearl angel we're discussing ur question here:)
ah sorry i just saw your tag,ill post my doubt here :)
im confused about the solubility part but other than that,we find the solid by subtracting ' (D) mass of boiling tube,water and solid' from ' (C) mass of boiling tube and water' OR we find solid by subtracting ' (E) mass of water' from ' (D) mass of boiling tube,water and solid' ?? please help me out i will be very grateful :)

Reaction score
guys help please graph driving me crazy W11:52: 2B can't even put scaleeee help me please idea or if u did it photo thank u in adbance

Reaction score
alright guys, enuf of the p5..now wish urselves luck, trust Allah and go to sleep.. where i live..its Fajr time..i stayed up the night:/
Assalamu alaykum:)

Reaction score
Same here. Going to bed! Tomorrows my first paper. So pumped up about that!

Good luck everyone.

Reaction score
رَبِّ اشْرَحْلِي صَدْرِي و يَسِّرْلِي أَمْرِي و احْلُل عُقْدَةً مِن لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي
This Duaa is very helpful :)
MAy Allah Help you Succeed in this life and in the Hereafter--aameen--
Do Well!!!

Reaction score
ah sorry i just saw your tag,ill post my doubt here :)
im confused about the solubility part but other than that,we find the solid by subtracting ' (D) mass of boiling tube,water and solid' from ' (C) mass of boiling tube and water' OR we find solid by subtracting ' (E) mass of water' from ' (D) mass of boiling tube,water and solid' ?? please help me out i will be very grateful :)

where is that question ?!

Reaction score
can anyone tell me about half square accuracy like if we have one cm small sq from 0 to 0.5 and the five tiny squares within are 0.1 , 0.2 .... so where should I draw 0.17 or 0.13 , between 0.1 and 0.2 ? thanks

Reaction score
They said the "sum" of the products so its the moles of water + the moles of the gas

Reaction score
B
"but the ms says that yu can't start timing w/0 allowing the reactants to reach the required temperature"
Time must be only measured for the temperature on which we are required to carry an experiment (we are investigating temp effect) so we only care for the temp we are investigating..
u can warm them separately but their is a possible for heat losses when u mixing them etc (reactant temp changes)

nhe bahi, it is saying:

But qs no. 1 says that no mark if the mixture is mixed and then stopwatch is started

However, in (d) in order
to access the ‘temperature’ mark using such a water-bath
‘equilibration’ must be stated or clearly implied.)

means if nothing stated in diagram for temp as mention
check for something (same/equal) in d part!

did ur anamolies get straight path on line :p ?

for Q2d
a little fact:
high temperature @ 80 graph shows solubility
lower temp @ 35 shows solid deposits
Q's says find mass deposit for 50g by using graph

brilliant attempt by MaxStudentALevel
I got 14.3g deposited.

----> According to my curve at 85degrees=40g per 100g so 20g per50g (SO 20g dissolved)
-----> Also same for 35 degrees = 11.5g per 100g so 5.7 per 50 (SO 5.7g dissolved)

MEANING initial mass dissolved -final mass dissolved = deposited solid.
----> 20-5.7 = 14.3g

Dua karna for me! ;)
But for qs no. 1 in ms says that (allow no mark for, if the mixture is mixed at temperature and then stopwatch started.

Reaction score
Hey, last question, for October/November 2010 paper 53, in my diagram i put the MnO4 straight into the conical flask, but the ms says that it should be separated from the H2O2, can someone please explain how to do that. Please last question.

Reaction score
Hey, last question, for October/November 2010 paper 53, in my diagram i put the MnO4 straight into the conical flask, but the ms says that it should be separated from the H2O2, can someone please explain how to do that. Please last question.
how do u put it straight in the conical flask? like u just throw it in there ? this will start the reaction immediately and u still didn't connect ur apparatus to a gas syringe so loss of oxygen (thats an error) and u wont be able to determine the rate if u do it that way. so what the mark scheme is saying is that u separate the peroxide from the catalyst by using a divided flask for example and as soon as u remove the barrier between them u can start ur stop watch and watch ur gas syringe being filled with oxygen!

Reaction score
how do u put it straight in the conical flask? like u just throw it in there ? this will start the reaction immediately and u still didn't connect ur apparatus to a gas syringe so loss of oxygen (thats an error) and u wont be able to determine the rate if u do it that way. so what the mark scheme is saying is that u separate the peroxide from the catalyst by using a divided flask for example and as soon as u remove the barrier between them u can start ur stop watch and watch ur gas syringe being filled with oxygen!
Can you please draw it for me?