• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 42 is hell gone loose

Reaction score
MY GOD this paper was hard. Here is how this paper was made
  1. God extracted hell
  2. resized it to a size of a printer cartridge
  3. inserted it into the printer during math exam
This paper is so different from other papers. If this is variant 2; what happened to those taking variant 3???
I just hope grade boundries are bottom low so that I can get an A or a B ( A* is over)
I left so many questions unanswered , Heck pages un answered .

Last edited:
Reaction score
-_- guys everyone was asked not to leave blank pages
i only had problem in one question i did it by a guess and my teacher said i did it correct
Anyways hope everyone gets A INSHALLAH and Best of luck for your next exams

Reaction score
Damn twitter is exploding with #igcsemaths and #igcsemath . I have no idea but i only found probability and the ship/lighthouse thingy difficult. wierd.

Reaction score
Damn twitter is exploding with #igcsemaths and #igcsemath . I have no idea but i only found probability and the ship/lighthouse thingy difficult. wierd.
the probability one was tough i accept but the light house one was that we had to create a line from the light house to the other line and its should be perpendicular (shortest distance) then it was all about sine rule xD

Reaction score
SAME! I thought i was the only one, the rest was quite nice. I found probability okay however, bearing and lighthouse gave me a tough time

Reaction score
MY GOD this paper was hard. Here is how this paper was made
  1. God extracted hell
  2. resized it to a size of a printer cartridge
  3. inserted it into the printer during math exam
This paper is so different from other papers. If this is variant 2; what happened to those taking variant 3???
I just hope grade boundries are bottom low so that I can get an A or a B ( A* is over)
I left so many questions unanswered , Heck pages un answered .
It was like DEVIL QUESTIONS ALL THE WAY. Nobody finished the paper at my school.

Reaction score
the probability one was tough i accept but the light house one was that we had to create a line from the light house to the other line and its should be perpendicular (shortest distance) then it was all about sine rule xD
Thing is i read the question wrong and i understood it as how far does the ship has to to travel to be the nearest to the lighthouse, and i used cosine.

Reaction score
That's extremely awkward. xD
Dude it's 20% my teacher says so all the time
then your teacher knows nothing about it.
both the practicals have 30% weight age, which makes up to 60%
the remaining 40% is the weight age of paper 1