• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

paper 12 chemistry ...

Reaction score
As far as chemistry is concerned ALKAnes arent oxidised by acidified dichromate, infact they are inert compounds and dont even get oxidised other then combustion and free radical substitutions.......u were confused...actually alkenes are converted to alcohols, this also by reaction with steam at 60atm 350C with H3PO4 catalyst.....

Reaction score
there was a question
About gas present in the exhaust of a car engine in a much greater amount than any
other gas?
A carbon dioxide
B carbon monoxide
C nitrogen
D water vapour

What was the question? i.e was it just the gas present in the exhaust (then the answer is C) or gas that is a product of combustion (then the answer is D)

Reaction score
there was a question
About gas present in the exhaust of a car engine in a much greater amount than any
other gas?
A carbon dioxide
B carbon monoxide
C nitrogen
D water vapour

What was the question? i.e was it just the gas present in the exhaust (then the answer is C) or gas that is a product of combustion (then the answer is D)
Q was gas present in exhaust

egy

Reaction score
there was a question
other gas?
A carbon dioxide
B carbon monoxide
C nitrogen
D water vapour

the poisonous gas present ..... i think so (n)...;)

so CARBON MONOXIDE

Reaction score
i do think that they mentioned it as poisonous gas in the exhaust

you mixed up ur questions. There was a question regarding a gas that does not produce poisonous gas when burned. For tht the answer was Hydrogen. and about the car exhaust, they didnt ask for a poisonous gas. It's actually a repeat question frm 2002

Reaction score
you mixed up ur questions. There was a question regarding a gas that does not produce poisonous gas when burned. For tht the answer was Hydrogen. and about the car exhaust, they didnt ask for a poisonous gas. It's actually a repeat question frm 2002
Yeah...agreed :)

Reaction score
do u remember the other options for the 'gas that does not produce a poisonous gas when burned' question ???

Reaction score
And for the car exhaust one as far as I feel the question was which gas produced is most harmful and that's
definitely CO :)
Also asked from my friends they too all did CO :/

Reaction score
the poisonous gas present ..... i think so (n)...;)

so CARBON MONOXIDE
I did CO too
As far as I remember it asked the most harmful gas :)
Mostly people just ticked N2 because they thought it was a repeated question

But all we can do is just wait for the marking scheme :)

Reaction score
I did CO too
As far as I remember it asked the most harmful gas :)
Mostly people just ticked N2 because they thought it was a repeated question

But all we can do is just wait for the marking scheme :)
Dude they didn't actually mention about any poisonous or harmful thing at all..

Reaction score