• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PakStudies Help needed!

Reaction score
Hello.. I would really appreciate if someone could hel me in the following 14 mark questions:

1.How successful were the attempts to find solution to the problems facing the subcontinent in the years 1940 to 1945?
2.Examine the reasons of the success of Muslim League and the consequences thereof.

These are not in the past papers and my teacher invented these herself. And I have no clue how to do them.

Reaction score
The first question seems reasonable and can be asked in original cie exam provided that the range of years is shortened, the second question is pointless, no such answer in this manner is asked. Still, I'll try to help

Q1

1940 Lahore Resolution : Muslims vote for seperate homeland now - Success partial
1942 August offer : To make the Indians quiet by providing them with concessions, so that British could concentrate in world war II against Nazi Germany - ATTEMPT UNSUCCESSFUL
1942 Cripps Mission : Aims same as august offer. Plus, to solve communal tension b/w the two parties ( Muslim league and Congress ) British were desperate to solve problems of sub continent. Congress aimed to exploit them due to their weak position UNSUCCESSFUL
1942 Quit India Movement : British! Leave India immidiately! ( Congress ) M.l opposes this UNSUCCESSFUL
1944 : Gandhi Jinnah Talks : To discuss various issues especially the partition problem. UNSUCCESSFUL
1945 Simla Delegation SUCCESSFUL ( All agreed on executive council as interim govt.)

Thats what I could do to frame this answer, The question was not well defined. Problem! What problem? :mad:

Q2
I dont know. If it is related with their success in achieving seperate homeland, or in elections of 1945, then i can answer otherwise sorry. Plz provide me with some elaboration.

Reaction score
The first question seems reasonable and can be asked in original cie exam provided that the range of years is shortened, the second question is pointless, no such answer in this manner is asked. Still, I'll try to help

Q1

1940 Lahore Resolution : Muslims vote for seperate homeland now - Success partial
1942 August offer : To make the Indians quiet by providing them with concessions, so that British could concentrate in world war II against Nazi Germany - ATTEMPT UNSUCCESSFUL
1942 Cripps Mission : Aims same as august offer. Plus, to solve communal tension b/w the two parties ( Muslim league and Congress ) British were desperate to solve problems of sub continent. Congress aimed to exploit them due to their weak position UNSUCCESSFUL
1942 Quit India Movement : British! Leave India immidiately! ( Congress ) M.l opposes this UNSUCCESSFUL
1944 : Gandhi Jinnah Talks : To discuss various issues especially the partition problem. UNSUCCESSFUL
1945 Simla Delegation SUCCESSFUL ( All agreed on executive council as interim govt.)

Thats what I could do to frame this answer, The question was not well defined. Problem! What problem? :mad:

Q2
I dont know. If it is related with their success in achieving seperate homeland, or in elections of 1945, then i can answer otherwise sorry. Plz provide me with some elaboration.

My point exactly... but my teacher won't agree :(