• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan studiz

Reaction score
Salam , wanted to asjk that.....if we do 2-3 times reading of histroy as well as geo books + past papers are we ready for the papers? or something else is needed? :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

thanks alot

Reaction score
dude i honestly dont know...i gave my pak.st exam in may/june 2011 session. i read the history book about 10 times and the same is the case with geo's book.....for history i read nigel kelly's one and for geo i read huma naz sethi's one...i did about 10 years past papers for history and about 5 years past papers for geo and i gave the geo exam perfectly......AND I STILL GOT A B GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!! im so heart broken! i can never get a B after all that hard work i put in!! my grade components were an A in history and a C in geography!!!!

Reaction score
I guess you are perfectly done with the preparation if you read the book and solve the past papers honestly. :) The only thing i have to say is "Be confident about your answers; Not Overconfident about them" though you have had full preparation !! :wink:

Reaction score
princemaazthefinal said:
dude i honestly dont know...i gave my pak.st exam in may/june 2011 session. i read the history book about 10 times and the same is the case with geo's book.....for history i read nigel kelly's one and for geo i read huma naz sethi's one...i did about 10 years past papers for history and about 5 years past papers for geo and i gave the geo exam perfectly......AND I STILL GOT A B GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!! im so heart broken! i can never get a B after all that hard work i put in!! my grade components were an A in history and a C in geography!!!!

hey prince u live in pakistan right how do u know ur break up of grades where did u get it and did anyone else get it !

Reaction score
princemaazthefinal said:
Same is the case with me.
and I was more shocked to see my grade breakups
History B (Paper went AWESOME)
Geo A (Paper went very bad, infact left 1 question).

Reaction score
Here is what I did:

Till exams I had like finished 3-4 times History Book and the same for Geo book. Plus, i also read my copies as well as the marking schemes. The day before the papers, i went through the book once again and marking scheme as well. By the time of history paper, the marking schemes were seared into my mind. In one of the 7 mark questions of history regarding zia ul haq, i almost copied the marking scheme answer. I always thought i was bad at geography, and i also believe i messed up my paper a bit, but i attempted it very logically, NO BONGIYAAN at all. Thus i got an A* in pakistan Studies. And "A" in both history and geography as there are no A stars in component details. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
summary : 2-3 times both books + MS + PP .............. and ur ready for the final battle ?

Reaction score
@SCOUSER yes i live in Pak and you can get your grade components from your school if you gave the papers from your school....

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
princemaazthefinal said:
Same is the case with me.
and I was more shocked to see my grade breakups
History B (Paper went AWESOME)
Geo A (Paper went very bad, infact left 1 question).
i know right!!! there just has to be some mistake by them!!!!! i CAN NEVER GET A B AFTER ALL THAT HARD WORK I PUT IN!!!!! OH AND I EVEN WORKED MORE HARD IN ISLAMIAT AND I STILL GOT a B AGAIN IN IT!!!!!!!!1 my teachers had sent my expected grades as A!

Reaction score
i read da book 2 times bt not able to make notes while reading syllabus content please if possible can u explain me wid whole syllabus content ???

Reaction score
what i recommend. those who are in rawalpindi/ islamabad area, get notes of sir asim from somwhere. learn geography notes by heart, then solve past papers, as many as u can. not really necessary to write all the answers down, just think of all possible answers and check from markscheme. saves time + u get to do more past papers. try to do all geo past papers from 2000-2010. if u do that, confirm A in geography.
as for history, go through the book thoroughly, nigel kelly ONLY. throw farooq bajwa and nigel smith in the trash can, burn them if u want to. SOLVE PAST PAPERS. sir asims notes have all past paper answers. try to get them, try contacting a friend in pindi if u don live there. also, might take out some time to give some idea on how exactly to solve the 4, 7, 14 marks questions. Don worry bout history, there was this friend of mine who came back from libya after the whole crisi thing. he fell really behind in syllabus and got 7/75 in history in mock. he was really hardworking and got A in pak studies :)

P.s: I got an A* in both pak studies and Isl :)

Reaction score
what the difficulty in the contents specify it like the problem in this that etc.. :p

Reaction score
nd hey one more thing: if we add quotations as references..........e.g. Gandhi said "............" etc will they be accepted? or not and will they help in gaining more marks?