• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies Paper 1 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Cambridge has outdone itself. :p
The Paper was Easy as Pie. :cool:
Here's the Paper:

Question 1:
(a) Source Question: What was the Battle of Plassey?
(b) How did the Mughal Empire decline after the reign of Aurangzeb? (7)
(c) 'The Grease Cartridge incident the most important reason for the start of the War of Independence 1857?' Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons
for your answer. (14)

Question 2:
(a) Source Question: What was the Lucknow Pact?
(b) Why was the Muslim League established in 1906? [7]
(c) ‘The Khilafat Movement failed by 1924 because Gandhi withdrew his support.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]

Question 3:
(a) Source Question: Who was Chaudhry Rehmat Ali?
(b) Why did the Cripps Mission of 1942 fail? [7]
(c) ‘The main reason why Congress rule (1937-1939) was so hated was because of the introduction
of the Wardha Scheme.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer. [14]

Question 4 and Question 5 I don't remember correctly.. Because I didn't attempt them. :p
Although I do Remember that Question 4 (c) was of the Constitutional Reforms Failure Between 1948 and 1957.. And That Question 5 (c) was of the Decade of Progress during Ayub Khan's rule.

C.I.E has I guess for the first time given four 14 mark questions from Past Papers. ;)
The paper was pretty easy. Did Really Well Alhumdulillah. :)

Reaction score
I believe it was Q5 (c) that had Ayub Khans reforms...anyway there was a 4 mark question in Q5 (a) why was BB dismissed by the president.

Anyway...It was an extremely easy paper...A for sure...That you Cambridge :) I attempted 1 , 2 ,3 ...

also when I got to Q3 ...I did the c part first then B then a ...I asked the invigilator and she said yea I can do it...

Reaction score
AOA FRIENDS.I AM VERY WORRIED I WANT TO ASK ONE THING. GUYS I HAVE DONE THREE QUESTIONS Q2 ,Q3 and Q 5 but GUYS IN QUESTION 5 in a part I WROTE Q5a and then I did it's b and c part but the problem is that in b and c part I by mistake wrote answer 4b and 4cwhile I had written anwers of 5 b and 5 c but all my question 5 is in CPU finite meaning that I did write 5a but then by mistake 4b and 4c just I numbered them wrong. So what will happen I am very worried.Ihave written correce answer only number b and c part wrong but ŵill my all marks be cut.I am really worried.Plz reply

Status
Not open for further replies.