• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Ok guys I think that in 6 marks it is variable to give the number of advantages and disadvantages such 4 advantages and 2 disadvantage or maybe vice verse depending upon what type of faction you have knowledge off because mostly which I have done and what My teachers have told me to do 4 advantages and 2 disadvantage.
can you please guide ,e how to do the 6 mark question? i was solving the specimen paper right nw... n the answers in marking scheme doesnot match mine.. can you please guide me? for e.g
the question says "
. “The standard of living in shanty towns and tent cities can be improved by introducing small-scale self-help schemes to the residents who live there.” i agreed with this statement n wrote tht they provide shelter to poor families, encourages educational .. employment etc (selef help schemes ky advantages) but the marking schemm,.,,,:( plz help

Reaction score
can you please guide ,e how to do the 6 mark question? i was solving the specimen paper right nw... n the answers in marking scheme doesnot match mine.. can you please guide me? for e.g
the question says "
. “The standard of living in shanty towns and tent cities can be improved by introducing small-scale self-help schemes to the residents who live there.” i agreed with this statement n wrote tht they provide shelter to poor families, encourages educational .. employment etc (selef help schemes ky advantages) but the marking schemm,.,,,:( plz help
First you've to highlight what self help scheme is .. Then advantages .. That's all !

Reaction score
the question says "
Yeah you should never be dependant upon marking scheme , see and try to develop knowledge I was also disheartened by the points which were in the ms and what I wrote was different but If your points are absolutely logical then the Examiners will mark as CIE does not want you to ratify everything but it needs you to use your knowledge and understanding. :) so be confident

Reaction score
bu
Yeah you should never be dependant upon marking scheme , see and try to develop knowledge I was also disheartened by the points which were in the ms and what I wrote was different but If your points are absolutely logical then the Examiners will mark as CIE does not want you to ratify everything but it needs you to use your knowledge and understanding. :) so be confident
if its like that... then its easy :) hey thanks

Reaction score
Ok guys I think that in 6 marks it is variable to give the number of advantages and disadvantages such 4 advantages and 2 disadvantage or maybe vice verse depending upon what type of faction you have knowledge off because mostly which I have done and what My teachers have told me to do 4 advantages and 2 disadvantage.
What I am told about is this that we have to give positive as well as negative points of two statements and in the end conclude whether which statement in more advantageous ,!!!!!

Reaction score
What I am told about is this that we have to give positive as well as negative points of two statements and in the end conclude whether which statement in more advantageous ,!!!!!
Wait what... advantages and disavantages both... :/ well my teacher told me Cambridge wants us to use are analysis skills... in that case YOU HAve to give advantages of both Statements ( JUST LIKE PART C OF HISTORY REMEMBER BOTH SIDES of answer) and that we have to chose ONe statement and try to prove why that statement is more important....

Reaction score
Thanks and plz help me with pakistan studies 2tips people,!!!!!!!!!!!!
AOA!
Go through the marking schemes of past papers: they are really helpful, trust me. :)
And remember, DO NOT FORGET to keep your answers confined only to the given space/ lines: do not go beyond them nor write in the margins.