• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
saadiee did u read the answers to your questions above??? And were they useful??? Kindly plz inform me if they helped you, or if not, then what confusion still remains. ;)

Reaction score
Well, there was a great video I found on Youtube regarding it ... will try to dig it up if you ask.

GDP : Gross "Dometic" product: It means the revenue / profit generated through the industries and companies operating "Inside" (domestically) the country, that includes the international companies who are infact from other country but still generating profit in your country ( for example McDonalds sales counts in the GDP of Pakistan though it is not a Pakistani company )

GNP : Global "National" product; means the revenue / profit generated through the national companies, that is even if a company is operating outside the country, its' profit counts in the GNP of the country. For example McDonald's profit generated in Pakistan, counts in the GNP of USA ( That is where it is from, right ? )
Alla Bro :)

Reaction score
How to attempt questions like "to what extent" can it be.....
For example To what extent is it possible to save and even increase the area of foreets in Pakistan?? (6 marks)

Reaction score
How to attempt questions like "to what extent" can it be.....
For example To what extent is it possible to save and even increase the area of foreets in Pakistan?? (6 marks)
We have to give the possibilities/advantages and problems for that:
(Taken from CIE marking scheme):
Possibilities:
-Legislation / action on illegal logging / fines / penalties
-Government protection of forest areas / national parks / reserves
-Restrict logging / quotas / licences / selective cutting
-Education / public awareness campaigns
-Use of alternative fuel / natural gas instead of burning wood
-Planting trees / named afforestation / re-afforestation projects / irrigated / commercial
plantations / plantations for firewood
-Providing alternative grazing areas
-Action against pollution [which affects mangroves]

Problems:
-Cost / lack of finance
-Security issues
-Lack of government will / government priorities
-Demand for timber / firewood / wood for construction / named products
-Land needed for housing / industry / agriculture / roads
-Very long term project

BTW did you get the answers to your previous questions that I've sent? :unsure:

Reaction score
Ye
We have to give the possibilities/advantages and problems for that:
(Taken from CIE marking scheme):
Possibilities:
-Legislation / action on illegal logging / fines / penalties
-Government protection of forest areas / national parks / reserves
-Restrict logging / quotas / licences / selective cutting
-Education / public awareness campaigns
-Use of alternative fuel / natural gas instead of burning wood
-Planting trees / named afforestation / re-afforestation projects / irrigated / commercial
plantations / plantations for firewood
-Providing alternative grazing areas
-Action against pollution [which affects mangroves]

Problems:
-Cost / lack of finance
-Security issues
-Lack of government will / government priorities
-Demand for timber / firewood / wood for construction / named products
-Land needed for housing / industry / agriculture / roads
-Very long term project

BTW did you get the answers to your previous questions that I've sent? :unsure:
Yep I got them, Thanks.. u r great help!! :)

Reaction score
Could someone please explain battle of Hunain , Mautah and Conquest of Makkah.??
There is a book I have which covers the whole syllabus... hopefully it contains the battles you requested. ;)
P.S. The book is written by M Bilal Aslam.

Attachments

• Mastering OLevel Islamiyat.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Reaction score
hey.
anyone has a model answer of why were there so many changes in government from 1951-1958? please reply soon.

Reaction score
hey.
anyone has a model answer of why were there so many changes in government from 1951-1958? please reply soon.
AOA!
I do not have a model answer but I can list the main points, u just have to explain them as to why they caused govt changes:
- Tug of power
-Iskander Mirza/ Malik Ghulam Mohammad did not want to give power to East Pakistanis (as many of them were from E.P)
e.g M. Ali Bogra, I. I. Chundrigar, H. S. Suharwardy, Feroz Khan Noon etc
-Some of them like H. S. Suharwardy were influential and wanted to curb the powers of the Governor-General and wanted to have more political authority, so G.G dismissed them.
- There were economic turmoils, religious crisis, food crisis etc going on, and the P.Ms who could not resolve these crises were dismissed.

Hope this helped. ;)

Reaction score
Please can anyone guide me that in islamiat paper, how many questions often come related to the caliphs...???

Reaction score
What caused Ayub's downfall??
Thanks
AOA!
The reasons are:
- Pak went to war with India with over Kashmir in 1965. Pak successfully defended itself, but Kashmir issue remained unresolved.
- Ayub blamed and sacked Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, the then Foreign Minister. Bhutto started to amass severe opposition against Ayub.
- People were unsatisfied with the govt due to accusations of intimidation, rigging, and due to the poor still remaining largely poor.
- Food prices were also rising.
- In October 1968, there were student protests in West Pakistan and Ayub was a target of an assassination attempt. He carried out widespread arrests, which led to more protests, and caused his unpopularity to increase.
- The parties who opposed him united to form Democratic Action Committee. They wanted fresh elections and lifting of Martial Law.
- Ayub started to negotiate but it was futile, so he finally resigned and handed over power to G. Yahya Khan. (y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
u
AOA!
I do not have a model answer but I can list the main points, u just have to explain them as to why they caused govt changes:
- Tug of power
-Iskander Mirza/ Malik Ghulam Mohammad did not want to give power to East Pakistanis (as many of them were from E.P)
e.g M. Ali Bogra, I. I. Chundrigar, H. S. Suharwardy, Feroz Khan Noon etc
-Some of them like H. S. Suharwardy were influential and wanted to curb the powers of the Governor-General and wanted to have more political authority, so G.G dismissed them.
- There were economic turmoils, religious crisis, food crisis etc going on, and the P.Ms who could not resolve these crises were dismissed.

Hope this helped. ;)[/QUO
umm.. well thanks :) . I have done these.. i mean i have included these points in my asnwer and explained them but they dont seem to relate with the question :/ or may i am confused.

Reaction score
AOA!
There are one or two questions on the Caliphs... so you cannot skip them, as it is too risky!!! :p
Yes I know...but right know I am studying in class 9 and only the first two caliphs are included in our syllabus...I only want a suggestion that will it b okay if I skip those???I think so that only 1 question would b there

Reaction score
Yes I know...but right know I am studying in class 9 and only the first two caliphs are included in our syllabus...I only want a suggestion that will it b okay if I skip those???I think so that only 1 question would b there
You can if you want to, at your own risk. There could be two questions if you are really unlucky. :p;)