• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How to attempt the quranic passage and haidth? Do i Cram them from Notes or what?
Quranic passages part a
you need to highlight main themes in the surahs and explain them a little but not paraphrasing as its not acceptable and will get you a zero or 1 mark
part b
you need to tell how is it imp in a muslims life
for example: surah iklas
A: main theme: tawheed
b: Imp: crystalizes our belief in oneness of Allah and etc.

For hadiths a part you need to tell further about the stated thing like what muslims belief regarding the above cited hadith
and for b part you have to explain how to act on hadith. for example if its about helping people in need so by the various ways of helping them ie charity, providing shelter etc

Remember to quote 2 hadith or quranic quote in each part if possible, you'll then have better chances of achieving good marks. Any further help required so ask. JazakAllah.

Reaction score
I wanted to inquire that what is the process of grade threshold..... Everyone keeps mentioning. Can anyone plz help ???

Reaction score
I wanted to also question on the Islamiat paper 1 question of events after Abu Talibs death..... I wrote about 1: loss of protection (2) taif incident disheartened him but he stayed determined (3) the visit of pilgrims (4) pledges but not the number of
People in 2nd pledge (5) the plan to murder and escape (6) short events during migration ...... How many marks I will get???

Reaction score
I wanted to also question on the Islamiat paper 1 question of events after Abu Talibs death..... I wrote about 1: loss of protection (2) taif incident disheartened him but he stayed determined (3) the visit of pilgrims (4) pledges but not the number of
People in 2nd pledge (5) the plan to murder and escape (6) short events during migration ...... How many marks I will get???

9/10

Reaction score
please can somebody tell me that why was allama iqbal and rehmat ali important to the pakistan moment?[7].please tell me immediately.i am unable to give a vivid description of this

Reaction score
please can somebody tell me that why was allama iqbal and rehmat ali important to the pakistan moment?[7].please tell me immediately.i am unable to give a vivid description of this

Allama Iqbal's Importance in the Pakistan Movement:

- Allama Iqbal's ''Allahabad Address (1930)'' was the first direct call for the Muslims to work together for a separate homeland. He gave the idea about Pakistan. No such idea had been given before. He provided a pathway for the Muslims to escape the Hindu and British oppression.
- His poetry was a source of inspiration for the Muslims and instilled in them a sense of determination and handwork which helped to develop the Pakistan Movement.
- He was an active politician who also participated in the Round Table Conferences and called Jinnah back in 1934 when he was in exile. Had he not called him back, Pakistan might not have come into existence.

Rehmat Ali's Importance in the Pakistan Movement:

- He wrote the pamphlet ''Now or Never'' in which he gave the idea of a separate homeland called ''Pakistan''. He called for partition of the subcontinent. Neither Sir Syed nor Allama Iqbal had gone so far as to call for partition. But he was the first one to make this call.
- He coined the name of ''Pakistan''.
- Participated in the Round Table Conferences.
- Was an active participant of the negotiations regarding Independence during the 1940's. (Since he died in 1951)

As you can see, Jinnah was of the view that Muslims would be better off as they are if they had autonomy and a promise that their rights would be protected. But unlike Jinnah, Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali were more far-sighted. They could see the inevitable loss of the Muslims if the subcontinent wasn't partitioned. They were the one's who gave the idea about a separate homeland for the Muslims. It was not until 1940 that Jinnah realized the need for a Separate Pakistan. He was greatly influenced by their ideas and this led to the ''Pakistan Resolution'' and the negotiations which followed leading to partition in 1947. It was their idea's which guided Jinnah to fight for Pakistan during the 1940's. So Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali have played a major significant role for the Pakistan Movement.

Reaction score
History:Can anyone please answer question that did educational reforms have a more important effect on the Indians than the social,religious and economic ones introduced by the British during the years 1773 to 1856?Explain your answer.(14 marks)Thanx

Reaction score
History:Can anyone please answer question that did educational reforms have a more important effect on the Indians than the social,religious and economic ones introduced by the British during the years 1773 to 1856?Explain your answer.Thanx

You have to mention all reforms and in the end give the conclusion about which reforms had the most important effect on the Indians.

Educational Reforms:

- Co-Educational Schools.
- Teaching in English.
- Christian Missionaries taught in Schools.
- New British schools/colleges set up.

Religious Reforms:

- Banning of Suttee (1829)
- Forceful conversions to Christianity carried out by Christian Missionaries.
- Churches were set up.
- No respect for Islamic/Hindu rules.

Social Reforms:

- Indians treated as second class citizens.
- New way of life; Railway, Road, Telegraph.
- English made official language in 1834 in place of Persian.
- They kept themselves aloof of the Indians, didn't interact with them.
- British Considered themselves superior.
- Doctrine of Lapse (1952).

Economic Reforms:

- Low salaries for Indians.
- Less Job opportunities.
- Less salary for Sepoys.
- Lands taxes imposed on poor peasants which caused resentment.
- Lands annexed by British.

After mentioning all these reforms you have to give your own opinion as to which reforms caused the greatest resentment among the Indians and led to the War of Independence to liberate the Indians from Foreign rule.

Reaction score
You have to mention all reforms and in the end give the conclusion about which reforms had the most important effect on the Indians.

Educational Reforms:

- Co-Educational Schools.
- Teaching in English.
- Christian Missionaries taught in Schools.
- New British schools/colleges set up.

Religious Reforms:

- Banning of Suttee (1829)
- Forceful conversions to Christianity carried out by Christian Missionaries.
- Churches were set up.
- No respect for Islamic/Hindu rules.

Social Reforms:

- Indians treated as second class citizens.
- New way of life; Railway, Road, Telegraph.
- English made official language in 1834 in place of Persian.
- They kept themselves aloof of the Indians, didn't interact with them.
- British Considered themselves superior.
- Doctrine of Lapse (1952).

Economic Reforms:

- Low salaries for Indians.
- Less Job opportunities.
- Less salary for Sepoys.
- Lands taxes imposed on poor peasants which caused resentment.
- Lands annexed by British.

After mentioning all these reforms you have to give your own opinion as to which reforms caused the greatest resentment among the Indians and led to the War of Independence to liberate the Indians from Foreign rule.
Thanx very much.

Reaction score
Allama Iqbal's Importance in the Pakistan Movement:

- Allama Iqbal's ''Allahabad Address (1930)'' was the first direct call for the Muslims to work together for a separate homeland. He gave the idea about Pakistan. No such idea had been given before. He provided a pathway for the Muslims to escape the Hindu and British oppression.
- His poetry was a source of inspiration for the Muslims and instilled in them a sense of determination and handwork which helped to develop the Pakistan Movement.
- He was an active politician who also participated in the Round Table Conferences and called Jinnah back in 1934 when he was in exile. Had he not called him back, Pakistan might not have come into existence.

Rehmat Ali's Importance in the Pakistan Movement:

- He wrote the pamphlet ''Now or Never'' in which he gave the idea of a separate homeland called ''Pakistan''. He called for partition of the subcontinent. Neither Sir Syed nor Allama Iqbal had gone so far as to call for partition. But he was the first one to make this call.
- He coined the name of ''Pakistan''.
- Participated in the Round Table Conferences.
- Was an active participant of the negotiations regarding Independence during the 1940's. (Since he died in 1951)

As you can see, Jinnah was of the view that Muslims would be better off as they are if they had autonomy and a promise that their rights would be protected. But unlike Jinnah, Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali were more far-sighted. They could see the inevitable loss of the Muslims if the subcontinent wasn't partitioned. They were the one's who gave the idea about a separate homeland for the Muslims. It was not until 1940 that Jinnah realized the need for a Separate Pakistan. He was greatly influenced by their ideas and this led to the ''Pakistan Resolution'' and the negotiations which followed leading to partition in 1947. It was their idea's which guided Jinnah to fight for Pakistan during the 1940's. So Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali have played a major significant role for the Pakistan Movement.

how do u know tht Rehmat ali p[articipated actively,,i am just looking for the source,,didn,t he remain in london

Reaction score
how do u know tht Rehmat ali p[articipated actively,,i am just looking for the source,,didn,t he remain in london

He spent most of his time in London writing books about his vision for South Asia, but he did come for some of the negotiations. He also criticized Jinnah's policies when Kashmir was given to India in 1947. He wanted to pursue this conflict in United Nations.

Reaction score
can somebody tell me why jinnah was important to the pakistan movement[7].I'm confused with his achievements and contributions to pakistan movement.please somebody who can answer my question!!!!

Reaction score
can somebody tell me why jinnah was important to the pakistan movement[7].I'm confused with his achievements and contributions to pakistan movement.please somebody who can answer my question!!!!

These questions can come, with different wordings. Don't get confused!

Jinnah was the major politician and leader who played the most significant role in the formation of Pakistan. Although he changed his mind in 1940 about the formation of Pakistan, a few years later than Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali, yet he fought tirelessly and worked hard during the 1940's and participated in all the negotiations. After the Pakistan Resolution, he fought the British and the Hindus head on. In each and every proposal for independence, he fought for Partition. So he was immensely important to the Pakistan Movement.

Q. Why was Jinnah important to the Pakistan Movement? [7 Marks]

- The Fourteen Points. (If you just, for a moment, analyze this carefully, you will realize how important these points were. The Nehru Report of 1928 was totally against Muslim interests. At this critical stage in the history of the subcontinent, when the British were about to decide the new constitution, Jinnah produced his Fourteen Points to counter the Nehru Report, to counter the Hindus and to establish the Muslims as a distinct force in the subcontinent, one that can make its own demands. Had Jinnah not taken this bold step, the British would have realized the Muslim weakness and the Hindus would have continues to prosper and oppress the Muslims. The Fourteen Points proved to the Muslims that they were a separate community, with separate rights and they were NOT going to be Okay with whatever the Hindus decide. They will campaign for their rights. This was the first major step towards the future (Pakistan). Oh, many of these points were accepted in the Government of India Act 1935.

- The Pakistan Resolution was the Muslim League's first achievement in the Pakistan Movement. Jinnah, after the Congress rule of tyranny, finally realized the importance of getting a separate homeland for the Muslims. The views of Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali had not been valued by the Muslims (as they did not have such a big status). But after Jinnah realized that they were right, this was the first step towards Partition. He set up the Pakistan Resolution after discussing with the other Muslim Leaders and staged the beginning of the Pakistan Movement. This was to mark the beginning of the Muslim struggle which would finally lead to Pakistan being formed.

- His Endless struggle during the 1940's. After the Congress rule of Tyranny, Jinnah had set his mind on Pakistan. He was not going to back down. He was determined. So after the passage of the Pakistan Resolution, he worked tirelessly for a separate Homeland for Muslims. There were a number of negotiations held during the 1940's (Cripps Mission, Gandhi Jinnah Talks, Simla Conference, Cabinet Mission, 3rd June). Jinnah was the most active politician in these negotiations. He represented the Muslims in each one of them. He fought the Hindus and British head on and countered each one of their arguments. Had he agreed to Gandhi's suggestions in the Gandhi Jinnah Talks of 1944, Pakistan would have not been formed. Had he accepted the Wavell Plan in the Simla Conference, Pakistan would not be existing on the face of this earth, today. Finally, the British and the Hindus gave in to his passion and hard-work and his endless effort bore fruit when Pakistan was formed in 1947. Had Jinnah died in 1938 instead of 1948, who else would have fought with such passion and determination? He was the main factor in the formation of Pakistan.

- His work in the Elections of 1936-37 and 1945-46.

That is the importance of Muhammad Ali Jinnah for the Pakistan Movement.

(Several other points can be mentioned, i just mentioned 4 of them)

Reaction score
These questions can come, with different wordings. Don't get confused!

Jinnah was the major politician and leader who played the most significant role in the formation of Pakistan. Although he changed his mind in 1940 about the formation of Pakistan, a few years later than Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali, yet he fought tirelessly and worked hard during the 1940's and participated in all the negotiations. After the Pakistan Resolution, he fought the British and the Hindus head on. In each and every proposal for independence, he fought for Partition. So he was immensely important to the Pakistan Movement.

Q. Why was Jinnah important to the Pakistan Movement? [7 Marks]

- The Fourteen Points. (If you just, for a moment, analyze this carefully, you will realize how important these points were. The Nehru Report of 1928 was totally against Muslim interests. At this critical stage in the history of the subcontinent, when the British were about to decide the new constitution, Jinnah produced his Fourteen Points to counter the Nehru Report, to counter the Hindus and to establish the Muslims as a distinct force in the subcontinent, one that can make its own demands. Had Jinnah not taken this bold step, the British would have realized the Muslim weakness and the Hindus would have continues to prosper and oppress the Muslims. The Fourteen Points proved to the Muslims that they were a separate community, with separate rights and they were NOT going to be Okay with whatever the Hindus decide. They will campaign for their rights. This was the first major step towards the future (Pakistan). Oh, many of these points were accepted in the Government of India Act 1935.

- The Pakistan Resolution was the Muslim League's first achievement in the Pakistan Movement. Jinnah, after the Congress rule of tyranny, finally realized the importance of getting a separate homeland for the Muslims. The views of Allama Iqbal and Rehmat Ali had not been valued by the Muslims (as they did not have such a big status). But after Jinnah realized that they were right, this was the first step towards Partition. He set up the Pakistan Resolution after discussing with the other Muslim Leaders and staged the beginning of the Pakistan Movement. This was to mark the beginning of the Muslim struggle which would finally lead to Pakistan being formed.

- His Endless struggle during the 1940's. After the Congress rule of Tyranny, Jinnah had set his mind on Pakistan. He was not going to back down. He was determined. So after the passage of the Pakistan Resolution, he worked tirelessly for a separate Homeland for Muslims. There were a number of negotiations held during the 1940's (Cripps Mission, Gandhi Jinnah Talks, Simla Conference, Cabinet Mission, 3rd June). Jinnah was the most active politician in these negotiations. He represented the Muslims in each one of them. He fought the Hindus and British head on and countered each one of their arguments. Had he agreed to Gandhi's suggestions in the Gandhi Jinnah Talks of 1944, Pakistan would have not been formed. Had he accepted the Wavell Plan in the Simla Conference, Pakistan would not be existing on the face of this earth, today. Finally, the British and the Hindus gave in to his passion and hard-work and his endless effort bore fruit when Pakistan was formed in 1947. Had Jinnah died in 1938 instead of 1948, who else would have fought with such passion and determination? He was the main factor in the formation of Pakistan.

- His work in the Elections of 1936-37 and 1945-46.

That is the importance of Muhammad Ali Jinnah for the Pakistan Movement.

(Several other points can be mentioned, i just mentioned 4 of them)

thanx sooooooooooooooo much may allah bless you.