• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The Black Hole of Calcutta was a small dungeon in the old Fort William, at Calcutta. There the troops of the Nawab of Bengal, Siraj ud-Daulah, held British prisoners of war after the capture of the Fort. 123 prisoners died out of 146 prisoners held.
In which year did it take place?

Reaction score
can please somebody write a good and well structured answer on:
Q.Why did jnnah produce his 14 points? (7)
Q.Why was the Government of India act 1935 so important to the future of the sub continent? (7)

Reaction score
Hey could someone give me topical Islamiat and Pak.Studies questions/past papers? ASAP pls. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about a book through which i could easily prepare for section 3 of history

Reaction score
Where can i get information relating to the four Shia books of ahadis?
There isn't much in Farkhanda Noor except the names and the authors
From where can i study their main features?

Reaction score
Can somebody please grade my ans
Explain why britain was so successful in extending it's control of the subcontinent between 1750 n 1850?(7)
Answer.
The British were so successful in extending their control because of their millitary strength. They fought a series of bloody wars n successfully defeated a number of local Indian rulers like siraj ud daulah in the battle of plassey,tipu sultan in the battle of maysore, the marathas and the sikhs aswell. They were able to do this cuz they had the latest warfare tools, efficient communication for quick deployment of troops n sound financial resources 4 fighting costly wars in far flung areas. Moreover, their army was well trained,disciplined well equipped and thet also had good planners of wars. They were also experts of bribing n conspiring with key persons like mir jafar n mir sadiq,with the help of whom they successfully defeated their strong rivals in the battlefield. Also the indians were disunited as they were too divided into cast, class,religion n lacked nationalism. All these factors helped the british to extend their contol over india easily.

If their is anything missing in the ans then plz let me know......thnx in advance

Reaction score
Q.Why was the Government of India act 1935 so important to the future of the sub continent? (7)

Reaction score
Jinnah produced his 14 points reponse to the nehru report of 1928 The report contained many points which were against muslim interests such as seperate electorates to be replaced by joint electorats, hindi as official language, unitary form of government in place of federal government Therefore in 1929 jinnah produced his 14 points to counter the nehru report n protect the political interest of muslims. He also thought that it was the correct time to do so as congress was trying to implement the nehru report
If i was of any help to u than please pray 4 me :)

Reaction score
Are these points for the question "Why was the Khilafat Movement started?" correct?
-To protect the caliphate and the ottoman empire
-as a way if showing opposition to the British to remind them of their wartime promises.
-self rule and more indian representation inthe government.

Honestly I think that the first two points are correct, but the third point is invalid.
My teacher told me the third point and I know that it is incorrect but can anyone tell
me the correct point? Please help!

Reaction score

1) Jinnah produced 14 points as a reply to the nehru report, which threatened the political interest of muslims in the sub continent. the nehru report suggested to have a united electorate, strong center and weak provincial powers, and 1/4 of muslim representation in the govt, which were unacceptable to the muslims. The 14 points suggested to have separate electorates, strong provincial powers, and 1/3 of muslim representation.

another reason for why the 14 points were produced was to protect muslim interest and safeguard their culture, religion etc. the 14 points included points which emphasized on protecting muslim interest , which was bieng threatened by the hindus and the british.

the congress had rejected the 3 points which jinnah wanted to include in the nehru report, therefore jinnah was bound to present the muslim points because the congress did not support them, it further showed that the hindus ans muslim were separate nations.

2)it provided more provincial antonimy, therefore provincial government had more powers and ruled according to their own wishes for the first time(gave a sense of independence)

the voters were increased to 25%, so more indians had the chance to vote for and gave the right to share their views

the act was important coz it became the basis of the future constitution for india and pak....

Reaction score
Are these points for the question "Why was the Khilafat Movement started?" correct?
-To protect the caliphate and the ottoman empire
-as a way if showing opposition to the British to remind them of their wartime promises.
-self rule and more indian representation inthe government.

Honestly I think that the first two points are correct, but the third point is invalid.
My teacher told me the third point and I know that it is incorrect but can anyone tell
me the correct point? Please help!

first one is correct, 2nd one is also correct just add things like the muslims feared that turkey would also be treated harshly by the brithish, as they did on germany, third one is totally wrong, instead on that write that turkey was the only muslim country independent at that time and muslims wanted it that was, further more they did not want their sacred places destroyed

Reaction score
first one is correct, 2nd one is also correct just add things like the muslims feared that turkey would also be treated harshly by the brithish, as they did on germany, third one is totally wrong, instead on that write that turkey was the only muslim country independent at that time and muslims wanted it that was, further more they did not want their sacred places destroyed

thankyouuu! :)

Reaction score

Why did Jinnah produce his 14 points?
Ans) - a thorough document was needed for the future comstituition
- to safeguard and protect the rights o the Muslims
- in rejection of Nehru Report, this you will write about the three amendments that he asked for.

Why was the government of India Act so important to the future of the subcontinent?
-it granted provincial autonomy
- parliamentary system was introduced
- increased the voting rights for people

hope this helps. If you want the full answers for these then I can post them.