• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
.Why was the Khilafat movement formed?(7)

ans. The most important and immediate reason for the formation of the Khilifat movement was the British threat to dismember the Khilafat. This greatly disturbed the muslims as the Khilafat had a special place in their hearts. It had been formed by Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) and contained Makkah and Madinah the religious centres of Islam. Even the title of Khalifa was important to muslims and they also thought of the Khilafat as a unifying symbol. It was completely unacceptable that this empire be broken up and parts of it given to non-muslim countries. In order to voice thier resentment they decide to form the Khilifat.
Furthermore, during the first world war , in order to gain the support of the muslims. the British promised them that they would guarantee the rights of the Kalifa and that his empire would not be split up. At the end of the war, however it was clear that the British did intend to keep their promise. The muslims were furious and started the Khilafat movement in order to remind the British of their promise.
It should not however be thought the Khilafat movement sprang solely from the British threat to dismember the muslim empire. It had its root in a deep-seated mistrurst held by the muslims of the ways of the west,particularly Britain, and how they treated muslim countries. For instance, Afghanistan and Persia both muslim countries wre subject to rivalry between Britain and Russia who governed them without giving thought to the view of the native population. There were also regular desertions by muslims in the British armu, who were unwilling to fight fellow muslims . The strenght of the muslim opinion can be seen in Mualvi Fazul ul haq's presedential adress to the muslim league : '' Every instance of a collapse of the muslim powers in this world is bound to have an adverse effect on our community.'' This feeling of mistrust was strenghtened to such an extent that the muslims launched the Khilafat movement.

How much marks do you think this will get?

Besides the marks i'll be grateful for any comments as well.

Reaction score
In Islamiyat paper 1 question 1(b) ''Explain briefly the importance of the surah in the muslims' daily lives.'' do any of you have any notes or answer? If so please post them. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
this questiom is quite detailed and can easily score 6-7 marks however add the point that there was a threat of muslims sacred places being destroyed in turkey. Also i wd advise you to focus more on the immediate reason relating to the kaliphate and lesser on the deapseated muslim fears.
Hope it helps :)

Reaction score
Hey do we have to learn about the background of Congress, i.e Allen Octavian Hume formed it etc.
Also do we have to learn Jinnah's fourteen points or simply the reason he intorduced them?
No need to learn them at all just have a basic general idea about what they were about

Reaction score
this questiom is quite detailed and can easily score 6-7 marks however add the point that there was a threat of muslims sacred places being destroyed in turkey. Also i wd advise you to focus more on the immediate reason relating to the kaliphate and lesser on the deapseated muslim fears.
Hope it helps :)
Thanks

Reaction score
urdu is the most easiest subject of the o level in which we can easily score good marks
if ur urdu is not weak so dont waste your time on it
or i think urdu is the last paper and there are more than 5 days for preparing and 5 days are more than enough for urdu
Are you sure? I more or less suck at Urdu.