• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
simon commision came to india because the montford reforms suggested a commision to come after 10 years bt as the concervative gov was in power and was soon gonna lose the power to libral gov which might give more concessions so , it was sent 2 years earliers ( mention the simon commision porposals )
q2. it failed because all of the members were british and no one was indian , they werent able to analyse how complex the situation was . gandhi wanted imediate dominion status which was not granted
q3 . as simon commision had failed miserably and then the british gave them challlenge that they would give some sort of constitutuion for india . to meet this challenge all parties conference was arranged which presented its report in 1928 ( mention the recommendations)
q4 , the nehru report failed( mention the proposals of the report) . the muslims were asked to make impossible and too many sacrifises , jinnah proposed some ammendments like 1/3 representation of muslims and separate electorates bt were rejected by nehru n the excuse that they would cause division among hindus . jinnah proposed 14 points which became so popular that nehru report was soon forgotten. as the british wanted the report to be agreed by all and muslims disagreeed so it failed
<if any other information related to it u r havng plz tll me so i wont lack it>
4marks questions
q1 <i dont know its answer>
q2.it was a movement led my haji shariat ullah in east bengal to clear islam of all non islamic practises and adopt those wich according to him were faraiz . it was also aimed at helping the muslims to standup against injustice . after haji sharit 's death it was carried on by his son mohsin ud din . after his death it declined
q3.loyal mohammadens of india was an essay written dy sir syed in 1860 to clear the undestanding of british that the muslims were to be blamed fully for war of independence bt the were the one who were loyal to british
q4. hijrat was apart of khilafat movement which was < mention the purposes > it took place in 1920. in it 18000 muslims took soom of their possesions and on the call of the leaders migrated to afghanistan which wascalled dar ul aman and india was called dar ul harb . it failed and was one of the reason for the failior of khilafat movement
q5. it was the very first step taken by ayub khan in 1959 . it was a4 tier system in which the people elected the basic democrates which formed the electoral college from which the president was elected . it formed the basis of 1962 constitution bt failed miserably
q6. the pakistan government has developed a balochi literary board in 1948. radio pakistan karachi broadcasts in balochi . quetta tv station broadcastsin balochi . many poets like atta shahid and ishaq shamin played a great role in its progress
q7. it was the movement led by hindus and congress to show their agitation against the partition of bengal. in it they burnt british cloths and wore the local ones . it was a threat to british textile industry and eventually resulted in reversal of partition of bengal <see past paper nov2010 q3a>
q8 present in nov2010 q4
q13 . present in june 2010 q4
q12 present in june 2010
q11. present in june2010
q10. present in june 2010
q9 presernt in nov 2010
hey look upon the past papers :unsure:
Thank you, but I'm in AS level now. :p

Reaction score
Please could some one answer this question by the requiremets of CIE?
‘Punjabi has been promoted more than any other Pakistani regional language between
1947 and 1999.’ Give reasons why you might agree and disagree with this statement. [14]
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Re: Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts h

Hey guys I have an answer for why urdu was chosen for pakistan's national language. What would you grade it out of 7?

Urdu held immense importance as it was over 300 years old and was a popular language that had great cultural importance . Sir Syed Ahmad Khan who was considered the person who introduced the concept of creating Pakistan made many efforts to preserve and protect urdu. The Aligarh Institute Gazette was also published in Urdu

It was considered a binding point of Muslims during the struggle with Hindus and British and also during the event of independence. Jinnah's 14 points also emphasized the importance of Urdu's preservation as it was considered the language of the Muslims.

Urdu was widely understood by most of the people of Pakistan and the Quaid made his speeches in Urdu. The government also used urdu at all levels of society.

What points should I add or cut out? Thanks a bunch if you can answer it as soon as you can!! :)
5 out of 7

Reaction score
What should i do for urdu as a second language?

urdu is the most easiest subject of the o level in which we can easily score good marks
if ur urdu is not weak so dont waste your time on it
or i think urdu is the last paper and there are more than 5 days for preparing and 5 days are more than enough for urdu

Reaction score
do questions from past papers daily, see marking schemes and examiner reports
make a schedule and study according to it
Yeah. That sounds pretty much straightforward.
How many hours do you reckon I should study?
I have four subjects Islamiat, Urdu, English as a second language and pak.studies.

Reaction score
.Why was the Khilafat movement formed?(7)

ans. The most important and immediate reason for the formation of the Khilifat movement was the British threat to dismember the Khilafat. This greatly disturbed the muslims as the Khilafat had a special place in their hearts. It had been formed by Hazrat Abu Bakr(ra) and contained Makkah and Madinah the religious centres of Islam. Even the title of Khalifa was important to muslims and they also thought of the Khilafat as a unifying symbol. It was completely unacceptable that this empire be broken up and parts of it given to non-muslim countries. In order to voice thier resentment they decide to form the Khilifat.
Furthermore, during the first world war , in order to gain the support of the muslims. the British promised them that they would guarantee the rights of the Kalifa and that his empire would not be split up. At the end of the war, however it was clear that the British did intend to keep their promise. The muslims were furious and started the Khilafat movement in order to remind the British of their promise.
It should not however be thought the Khilafat movement sprang solely from the British threat to dismember the muslim empire. It had its root in a deep-seated mistrurst held by the muslims of the ways of the west,particularly Britain, and how they treated muslim countries. For instance, Afghanistan and Persia both muslim countries wre subject to rivalry between Britain and Russia who governed them without giving thought to the view of the native population. There were also regular desertions by muslims in the British armu, who were unwilling to fight fellow muslims . The strenght of the muslim opinion can be seen in Mualvi Fazul ul haq's presedential adress to the muslim league : '' Every instance of a collapse of the muslim powers in this world is bound to have an adverse effect on our community.'' This feeling of mistrust was strenghtened to such an extent that the muslims launched the Khilafat movement.

How much marks do you think this will get?

Reaction score
Hey do we have to learn about the background of Congress, i.e Allen Octavian Hume formed it etc.
Also do we have to learn Jinnah's fourteen points or simply the reason he intorduced them?

Reaction score
Hey do we have to learn about the background of Congress, i.e Allen Octavian Hume formed it etc.
Also do we have to learn Jinnah's fourteen points or simply the reason he intorduced them?

i think there is no need to learn the formation of congress by heart just read it