• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I've got a question about Islamiat . Which book is the best and most according to syllabus. I've heard that the book by David Thomas is good but I have it and it's too short. Currently i'm studying from the book by Iftikhar-ul-Haq. Should I substitute it for Farkhanda Noor?
All comments and opinions will be welcome.
farkhanda noor is best of all sources for islamiat because it to the point and is in easy language
learn from that book abd then for revision or reference use david thomas and Iftikhar-ul-haq
all these 3 books are good but farkhanda noor is better
hope i helped :)

Reaction score
Top three super powers are USA, China and Russia
Pakistan relations with USA
1947 _ Pakistan joins UNO and becomes Pro American Country.
1950 _ PM Liaquat Ali visits United States.
1955 _ SEATO and CENTO signed for military and economic aid given. For Defence.
1956 _ Pakistan supports USA spy Mission. U2 issue weakened relations.
1962 _ Relations Strained because US was aiding India in war against China.
1965 and 71 _ Pakistan was not provided with military aid. It left CETO and CENTO
1972-74 _ Not good relations with Bhutto government and Nuclear Issue.
1977-79 _ Zia was not supported and relations remained bad. Aid was suspended.
1979-89 _ Very good relations because Zia’s favour and help against USSR invasion in Afghanistan.
1989-99 _ Not very good relations with the democratic government
Pakistan relations with China
1949 _ China becomes Independent.
1952 _ Diplomatic relations between the countries begin. Pakistan supports China to get UNO membership.
1959 _ China voted against China Admission to UN and condemned the military action in Tibet.
1960’s _ A $60 Million long Term interest free loan regarding import of machinery.
1961-62 _ China applied for permanent membership of Security Council. Pakistan supported this act.
1962 _ Pakistan support to China in China-India War.
1963 _ Boudary Agreement in 1963. China allows PIA to use Chinese air ports and provided loans.
1965-71 _ China supports Pakistan in the wars against India.
1964 _ Good relations. Prime ministers meet.
1978 _ Karrakoram Highway for better trade established.
1986 _ Civil treaty nuclear cooperation.
Pakistan relations with Russia
1947 _ Pakistan joined UNO, Russia was not happy.
1949 _ Visit of Liaquat Ali to USA rather than USA harms initial relations.
1950 _ Russia began to support India over Kashmir Issue.
1954 _ Joining SEATO with USA widened the gulf.
1954 _ Pakistan joined Anti-Communist Pact which angered Russia.
1956 _ Rejecting Aid from USSR harmed relations.
1960 _ Pakistan Accepted Soviet assistance in search of Water and mineral. U2 Crises harmed the relations.
1961 _ Soviet Oil Exploration in Pakistan.
1963 _ Pakistan receives Pound 11 Million loan.
1965 _ Improvement in relation because Pakistan left SEATO and CENTO. Visit of Ayub Khan.
1968 _ Soviet Arms supplied to Pakistan.
1972 _ ZAB’s gov. tried to improve relations by signing agreement to built Steel Mill in Pakistan and visiting USSR.
1978-88 _ Bad relations because of Russian Invasion over Afghanistan.
1989-1999 _ Better relations with the 4 democratic gov.
Thanks alot..!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
Can you answer this question (Just the points) :
How successful has the promotion of regional languages been since 1947 ?

Please list the ways in which it was unsuccessful. Thanks a lot in advance.
I still didn't get a reply.
I'll be much obliged if you answer the question for me.

Reaction score
HI i need some serious help in geography. im giving my papers this may and im sort of dying. :eek:
the thing is, im good at pak.studies but my marks are normally cut off because of geography. i need serious help coz everyone is expecting A*s :cry:
so i need help on how to study for geography. Do i read through the chapters and learn them or do i write them down in my own words? HELP PLEASE! MY LIFE IS ON THE LINE HERE!!! :cry::sick:

Reaction score
HI i need some serious help in geography. im giving my papers this may and im sort of dying. :eek:
the thing is, im good at pak.studies but my marks are normally cut off because of geography. i need serious help coz everyone is expecting A*s :cry:
so i need help on how to study for geography. Do i read through the chapters and learn them or do i write them down in my own words? HELP PLEASE! MY LIFE IS ON THE LINE HERE!!! :cry::sick:
alright calm down!! i know tht geography is very hard but the trick is to learn the facts and figures like altitude if the mountains just learn them and keep reading but for figures, to keep them in ur mind write them down again and again
and specially do past papers although it is rare for q question to be repeated in geography but it really helps and read the book of Huma Naz Sethi and Fazle Karim Khan
and my personal advice: after learning a chapter to go ur mom or dad or anyone and start discussing the chapter with them like 'do u know the height of Tirch Mir?' (this really helps me in geo, history and islam :) )
Most of the geography is mostly cramming and ratta and the economy of various places can be easily learnt by keeping in mind their topographical area (although in my opinion topography is hardest chapter :p )
hope i helped and best of luck! im just as frustrated as u are even i hv t give my pak st. exams this may :(
lets pray for each other (y)

Reaction score
relax pls u dun need to panic ! trust me geography is not that difficult n it's more of common sense + much easier than history. wat u needa do is to learn mapping firstly specially the places that r in the syllabus and then read the chapters to learn abt the facts n to grasp the concepts then do a LOT OF past papers. eventually u'll be able to get good grades :)
Good luck ! :D

Reaction score
alright calm down!! i know tht geography is very hard but the trick is to learn the facts and figures like altitude if the mountains just learn them and keep reading but for figures, to keep them in ur mind write them down again and again
and specially do past papers although it is rare for q question to be repeated in geography but it really helps and read the book of Huma Naz Sethi and Fazle Karim Khan
and my personal advice: after learning a chapter to go ur mom or dad or anyone and start discussing the chapter with them like 'do u know the height of Tirch Mir?' (this really helps me in geo, history and islam :) )
Most of the geography is mostly cramming and ratta and the economy of various places can be easily learnt by keeping in mind their topographical area (although in my opinion topography is hardest chapter :p )
hope i helped and best of luck! im just as frustrated as u are even i hv t give my pak st. exams this may :(
lets pray for each other (y)
contrary to wat I believe :p actually I think geo is easiest of all !
p.s I'm also takin my exam this M/J so let's hope for the best :)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
Can you answer this question (Just the points) :
How successful has the promotion of regional languages been since 1947 ?

Please list the ways in which it was unsuccessful. Thanks a lot in advance.

it was not unsuccessful. In this question we have to mention the promotion of regional languages
Punjabi
-> It is being taught up to the masters level as well as the Ph.D level in the punjab university
-> punjabi libraries have been opened and punjabi literary journals are also published
-> it is also one of the optional subject in the CSS exams in Pakistan
-> Radio and television are also presenting the greatest pieces of classical and folk literature
Sindhi
-> sindhi literary board was set up in 1948 wich has printed many books and magzines in sindhi
-> Bazrn e Talib ul Maula was set up in 1954 to promote sindhi literature
-> Dr. Ali Akbar Darazi established the sarmast academy for publishing books in the memory of sachal sarmast
-> A Sindhiology department has been established at the sindh university jomshoro
-> sindhi libraries have been opened throughout sindh
-> sindhi is taught as a compulsory subject until 10th class in schools of sindh
-> Radio and television are also promoting this language
Pashto
-> Peshawar university was established and an academy for the promotion of Pashto literature was set up in 1954
-> This academy prepared a widely accepted pashto dictionary
-> Post-graduate classes in pashto literature had been started at university level in NWFP
-> Khushal Khan Khatak library was opened in NWFP
-> Pushto has been promoted through television, radio and films
Balochi
-> Radio Pakistan Karachi began broad casts in Balochi
-> The Balochi Literary association was set up in 1979 which publishes weekly and monthly magzines in the language
-> Quetta television station boardcasts in balochi
-> Gosh e Adab was established in 1983 to promote education in Balochi language
-> Gul khan nazir, azad jamal din and other writers are also working to promote the balochi language

Reaction score
I've got a question about Islamiat . Which book is the best and most according to syllabus. I've heard that the book by David Thomas is good but I have it and it's too short. Currently i'm studying from the book by Iftikhar-ul-Haq. Should I substitute it for Farkhanda Noor?
All comments and opinions will be welcome.

mostly the information which is given in farkhanda noor's book is change from the information that is given in david thomas book so in this case we have to follow the david thomas book because he is the principal examiner of o level islamiat so we must have to read his book also.

Reaction score
Can you answer this question please :
Why did Shah Wali Ullah have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent ? (7)
I also wanted to know if we had to learn the consequences of the war of independance since there hasnt bee any question about it since 2002.
I
its answer is in the book named 'the history and culture of pakistan"
you have to write three reason which include problems+contribution+effect

Reaction score
In pak.studies history other than Shah Wali Ullah , Syed Ahmed Shaheed Barelvi, Haji Sharitullah and Titu Mir are there any other reformers I should know about.
I'm studying from Nigel Kelly and only SWU, SAHB and Haji Sharitullah are mentioned.
you can also use the book of 'bajwa'

Reaction score
the mughal emperor
Is it important to learn about the reforms of the Mughal emporers?
I mean even though they are in the syllabus, I have never seen a question in the past papers regarding the reforms of Akbar or Babur or any other mughal emporer.
s are not in the syllabus so not need to study them

Reaction score
it was not unsuccessful. In this question we have to mention the promotion of regional languages
Punjabi
-> It is being taught up to the masters level as well as the Ph.D level in the punjab university
-> punjabi libraries have been opened and punjabi literary journals are also published
-> it is also one of the optional subject in the CSS exams in Pakistan
-> Radio and television are also presenting the greatest pieces of classical and folk literature
Sindhi
-> sindhi literary board was set up in 1948 wich has printed many books and magzines in sindhi
-> Bazrn e Talib ul Maula was set up in 1954 to promote sindhi literature
-> Dr. Ali Akbar Darazi established the sarmast academy for publishing books in the memory of sachal sarmast
-> A Sindhiology department has been established at the sindh university jomshoro
-> sindhi libraries have been opened throughout sindh
-> sindhi is taught as a compulsory subject until 10th class in schools of sindh
-> Radio and television are also promoting this language
Pashto
-> Peshawar university was established and an academy for the promotion of Pashto literature was set up in 1954
-> This academy prepared a widely accepted pashto dictionary
-> Post-graduate classes in pashto literature had been started at university level in NWFP
-> Khushal Khan Khatak library was opened in NWFP
-> Pushto has been promoted through television, radio and films
Balochi
-> Radio Pakistan Karachi began broad casts in Balochi
-> The Balochi Literary association was set up in 1979 which publishes weekly and monthly magzines in the language
-> Quetta television station boardcasts in balochi
-> Gosh e Adab was established in 1983 to promote education in Balochi language
-> Gul khan nazir, azad jamal din and other writers are also working to promote the balochi language

Thanks a lot.
The only reason I asked about the unsuccessful points because in Nigel Kelly's exam guidance he said that in the ''How successful'' you had to give both sides of the argument i.e successful and unsuccessful.