• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
In pak.studies paper 1 , I have two books . One written by Nigel Kelly and the other by by Farooq Nasseem Bajwa. The second has a lot of detail but is outdated should i study from it . Comments will be helpful.

Reaction score
In pak.studies paper 1 , I have two books . One written by Nigel Kelly and the other by by Farooq Nasseem Bajwa. The second has a lot of detail but is outdated should i study from it . Comments will be helpful.
i think main focus to follow the syllabus should be on kelly but to read bajwa in order to get more detail on those topics is like must .kelly is very brief and at times doesnt cover all the main points .

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me the answer key or some points regarding this question:
Q- Describe and explain Pakistan relations with Super Powers from 1947-1999 [14 marks]

Reaction score
Is it important to learn about the reforms of the Mughal emporers?
I mean even though they are in the syllabus, I have never seen a question in the past papers regarding the reforms of Akbar or Babur or any other mughal emporer.

Babur, akbar, etc. are not in the syllabus

Reaction score
Can you answer this question please :
Why did Shah Wali Ullah have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent ? (7)
I also wanted to know if we had to learn the consequences of the war of independance since there hasnt bee any question about it since 2002.
I

Reaction score
Reaction score
Q- Describe and explain Pakistan relations with Super Powers from 1947-1999 [14 marks]

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me that in islamiat is it important to write down the ayat reference number i.e: (xx:xx) and hadis reference i.e: (bukhari, muslim, tirmizi etc)

Reaction score

Top three super powers are USA, China and Russia
Pakistan relations with USA
1947 _ Pakistan joins UNO and becomes Pro American Country.
1950 _ PM Liaquat Ali visits United States.
1955 _ SEATO and CENTO signed for military and economic aid given. For Defence.
1956 _ Pakistan supports USA spy Mission. U2 issue weakened relations.
1962 _ Relations Strained because US was aiding India in war against China.
1965 and 71 _ Pakistan was not provided with military aid. It left CETO and CENTO
1972-74 _ Not good relations with Bhutto government and Nuclear Issue.
1977-79 _ Zia was not supported and relations remained bad. Aid was suspended.
1979-89 _ Very good relations because Zia’s favour and help against USSR invasion in Afghanistan.
1989-99 _ Not very good relations with the democratic government
Pakistan relations with China
1949 _ China becomes Independent.
1952 _ Diplomatic relations between the countries begin. Pakistan supports China to get UNO membership.
1959 _ China voted against China Admission to UN and condemned the military action in Tibet.
1960’s _ A $60 Million long Term interest free loan regarding import of machinery.
1961-62 _ China applied for permanent membership of Security Council. Pakistan supported this act.
1962 _ Pakistan support to China in China-India War.
1963 _ Boudary Agreement in 1963. China allows PIA to use Chinese air ports and provided loans.
1965-71 _ China supports Pakistan in the wars against India.
1964 _ Good relations. Prime ministers meet.
1978 _ Karrakoram Highway for better trade established.
1986 _ Civil treaty nuclear cooperation.
Pakistan relations with Russia
1947 _ Pakistan joined UNO, Russia was not happy.
1949 _ Visit of Liaquat Ali to USA rather than USA harms initial relations.
1950 _ Russia began to support India over Kashmir Issue.
1954 _ Joining SEATO with USA widened the gulf.
1954 _ Pakistan joined Anti-Communist Pact which angered Russia.
1956 _ Rejecting Aid from USSR harmed relations.
1960 _ Pakistan Accepted Soviet assistance in search of Water and mineral. U2 Crises harmed the relations.
1961 _ Soviet Oil Exploration in Pakistan.
1963 _ Pakistan receives Pound 11 Million loan.
1965 _ Improvement in relation because Pakistan left SEATO and CENTO. Visit of Ayub Khan.
1968 _ Soviet Arms supplied to Pakistan.
1972 _ ZAB’s gov. tried to improve relations by signing agreement to built Steel Mill in Pakistan and visiting USSR.
1978-88 _ Bad relations because of Russian Invasion over Afghanistan.
1989-1999 _ Better relations with the 4 democratic gov.

Reaction score
In pak.studies do we have to learn about the history of the languages( scripts,early poets etc) or should we simply concentrate on their promotions after 1947?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
In pak.studies do we have to learn about the history of the languages( scripts,early poets etc) or should we simply concentrate on their promotions after 1947?
Thanks in advance.
we have to know the History of Urdu only. we have to know that why it was chosen as national language and what are the advantages and disadvantages of urdu as a national language and there is no need to study the history of regional languages only we have to know about their promotion since 1947

Reaction score
we have to know the History of Urdu only. we have to know that why it was chosen as national language and what are the advantages and disadvantages of urdu as a national language and there is no need to study the history of regional languages only we have to know about their promotion since 1947

Thanks a lot.
Can you answer this question (Just the points) :
How successful has the promotion of regional languages been since 1947 ?

Please list the ways in which it was unsuccessful. Thanks a lot in advance.

Reaction score
I've got a question about Islamiat . Which book is the best and most according to syllabus. I've heard that the book by David Thomas is good but I have it and it's too short. Currently i'm studying from the book by Iftikhar-ul-Haq. Should I substitute it for Farkhanda Noor?
All comments and opinions will be welcome.