• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i need help in o level urdu first language
the first query is if one is allowed or is given credit if he gives both urdu a and urdy b
secondly i am doing this as i have given my urdu b paper and my school isnt allowing me to drop urdu a
last year no one from my school got a an a* in urdu b but the few that gave urdu a were able to get an a *
i personally got an a in urdu b and would love to improve it to an a* but for that i need guidance some reference notes or just some pointers on how to assemble, attempt and organise the questions regarding the afsaanas and the nazmz (poems and stories)
any help is much appreciated

Reaction score
Can you please answer the question Trace the expansion of islamic empire in the khilafat of hazrat umar?

Reaction score
hey everyone....i want to know the answers of these questions.....help appreciated....
Q1 What was two nation theory? [4]
Q2 Why was bengal partitioned in 1905? [7]
Q3 Why partition was reversed in 1911? [7]
Q4 Why was lucknow pact drawn up? [7]

Reaction score
Can anyone please guide me how to go about the answers of the following Questions.?

1- Why did the EIC came to India.?
2- Why did the British took control of the EIC.?
3- Why did EIC choose Bengal as its first target.?

Thaaaannnkyou. :)

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

OKAY LETS SEE QUES 1.

1.THE MONTFORD REPORT HAD SAID THAT A COMMISION WOULD BE SET UP TO SEE OF HOW THE LAWS WHICH WERE PASSED WERE BEING PRACTISCED AND TO SEE WHAT FURTHER LAWS WERE REQUIRED .
2.THE SIMON COMISSION WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO BE ESTABLISHED LATER BUT AS THE CONSERVATIVES FEARED THAT THEY WOULD LOSE POWER TO LABOUR PARTY SO THEY DECIDED TO BRING THE DATE FORWARD.THIS ALSO SHOWED THAT THERE WERE SOME BRITISH WHO AGREED THAT INDIANS MUST HAVE A SAY IN GOVT.

hEY I GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU IS THIS Q1 A PASTPAPER QUESTION AS IT CANT BE OF 7 MARKS.

LETS SEE Q2.\
1.THE COMMISSION FAILED DUE TO IT CONTAINING ONLY BRITISH MEMBERS.
2.IT COULD NOT GAIN SUPPORT OF ANY LEADING PARTIES OF INDIA AND FACED CONSTANT PROTESTS as all of them boycotted the commision.
3.THE CONGRESS WAS CALLING FOR COMPLETE INDEPENDENCE AND WHAT SIMON COMMISSION WAS OFFERING WAS SELF GOVT SO IT DIDNT AGREE AS THEY COULD NOT TRUST THE BRITISH AFTER THOSE EARLY PROMISES WERE BROKEN
4.ALL THE PARTIES HAD COME TOGETHER IN THE NEHRU REPORT SO IT WAS DIFFICULT TO GAIN SUPPORT.
5.The commision said that it would abolish diarchy and that muslims should have higher proportion of seats in their minority areas,this was also the reason why congress boycotted.
6.the league also did not find it any good as it had said in delhi proposals that sind should be seperated from bombay this was not accepted.

iLL ANSWER OTHERS LATER...MAYBE TOMMOROW

in questiOn 1 we can alsO mentiOn that MONTFORD refOrms had stated that the cOmmissiOn wOuld b set up after 10 yearz

Reaction score
salam every1,
i was a bit confused about which topics to do from section 3. i have almost completely done section 1 and 2 but do not want to do complete section 3. Can any1 pls tell me the important topics from section 3.
thanks

Reaction score
hey everyone....i want to know the answers of these questions.....help appreciated....

A:1 twO natiOn theOry stated that Hindus nd muslimz were twO different natiOns nd hv different cultural nd sOcial values , sO they can't b cOnsidered as One natiOn.....
A:2 Bengal was partitiOnes cOz ov administrative prOblem, was a large prOvince vth 10 tymz as many peOple living there as were in the whOle ov Britain, was difficult tO gOvern nd vld b mOre efficiently gOverned if it was tO b partitiOned in twO .. sO lOrd CurzOn prOpOsed that Bengal shOuld b partitOned vch was put intO effect , 2 yearz later in 1905
A:3 The partitiOn was reversed cOz ov strOng hindu OppOsitiOn .. Sale ov British goOds was stOpped that harmed british ecOnOmically ..there was an attempt tO murder lOrd mintO.... sO british reversed d partitiOn
A:4 the pact was signed between d two parties tO persuade Britist to adopt a more liberal apprOach tO India .. It was signed in 1916 at LucknOw... cOngress realized muslim rights sO it bacmae the frst beacOn ov hOpe fOr hindu muslim unity...

chck answer tO questiOn 1 smwhere else toO nd dO share,....!

Reaction score
salam every1,
i was a bit confused about which topics to do from section 3. i have almost completely done section 1 and 2 but do not want to do complete section 3. Can any1 pls tell me the important topics from section 3.
thanks

WALIKUM SALAM!
in sectiOn 3 .. I prefer relatiOnz ov Pakistan vth other states..

Reaction score

in question one you can write that
the two nation theory was an ideology on the basis of which pakistan movement was formed. It stated that muslims were a seperate society based on their religion. They had their own religious and social practices then the hindus and as a result, required a seperate homeland for themselves. (i think i am still missing something)

the other questions have been answered quite well. You can also add the point that the congress wanted to gain muslim league's support in question 4

Reaction score
k here is a couple of questions
Why did Shah Wali Ullah have such an important influence on the revival of Islam in the subcontinent?
Why did Syed Ahmad Shaheed Barailvi have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in
the sub-continent?

Reaction score
need some help regarding this question:
'Was the work of Allama Iqbal more important to Pakistan movement than that of Chaudri Rehmat Ali?Explain your answer?

Reaction score
Hey guys can somebody post some questions that can come in question 2 of paper 2? I mean those questions that do not usually come in the exam.....like they did in question 2 paper 1 of May/June 2011 about the prophets before Hazrat Muhammad pbuh's time.
Thanks that would be appreciated.!!!!!:):D
Heyy i gave that paper! and believe me at first i was like "WHAT IS THIS THING??!" but then it turned out to be pretty easy when i cleared my head... anyways that was the 1st of a kind question and i don't think any such questions have cum b4..... i just made some rough points on my question paper in pencil and then made a suitable introductory line and started wrting. i had prepared all my surahs well so i didn't have any problem with events or references so u just have to prepare it yourselef. like make up questions from the ahadis section about the ahadis said by the Prophet (pbuh) of his own accord and those where he quoted the words of Allah directly. otherwise prepare a question from all three themes of the surah and u'l do fine IA . best of luck w/ ur paper. i did gud bcuz i got an A* so hopefuly its helpful!

Reaction score
need some help regarding this question:
'Was the work of Allama Iqbal more important to Pakistan movement than that of Chaudri Rehmat Ali?Explain your answer?
Allama iqbal's work is extremely important for the movement for seperate homeland. He was the first person to give the idea of seperate homeland for muslims after sir syed. He represented this idea when he was the president of muslim league in 1930 during his speech in allahabad in his presidential address. He wrote a huge amount of poetry. His poetry was written to inspire the muslims of the sub continent to return to their religion and live a life according to the teachings of islam. his famous works include bang-e-dara, zarb-i-kalim etc.
Choudhary rehmat ali was inspired by the idea of illama iqbal. He said that the muslims should have a seperate country. He named this country pakistan which was later embraced by all muslims when the lahore resolution was changed to pakistan resolution. Jinnah refused to acccept his idea in the start and even refused to meet him but later his idea was accepted by every1. He wrote a phamphlet now or never which said that muslims must fight for their seperate homeland.
On the whole it can be said that the works of illama iqbal are more important as rehmat ali's idea was based on his. Also, his poetry inspired a large number of muslims to return to their true religion.

(i wrote this in a hurry and it seems that it needs a lot of improvement)

Reaction score
Can you please answer the question Trace the expansion of islamic empire in the khilafat of hazrat umar?
i will just provide an outline of the expansion.You will have to explain them yourself
Fights with persians
  • defeated persians at Namraq in october 634
  • crossed uphrates
  • bahaman arrives with huge persian force
  • muslims suffer defeat in battle of bridge (give some details of this battle)
  • army regroups under al muthana in november 634
  • battle of buwaib and persians were defeated under mehran
  • december 634, yazidgard rises with army
  • battle of qadsiya one of the bigggest battles of isalam (give details here) . Muslims win here under sa'ad bin abi waqqas
  • capture al madain
  • battle of jalula muslims win against yazizdgard
  • ubulla captured by utba
  • madain and kufa found for muslim armies
Fights with romans
  • khaild bin walid divides forces into three parts
  • shubrahil to jordan, amr bin al'aas to palestine and himself to damascus
  • lays siege on damascus and captures in 635
  • Theodorus forces defeated in battle of yarmuk 636
  • abu ubaidah replaces khaild bin walid
  • recaptures damascus
  • treaty of jerusalem signed