• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone tell me the answer of
"the account of the compilation of the Holy Quran under the rightly Guided Caliphs"
I want to know what to write???? plz reply

Reaction score
6. How important was the Government of India Act 1935? [14 Marks]

Despite the failure of the Round Table Conferences, in March 1933 the British government gave the Joint Select Committee the task of formulating the new Act for India. The Committee comprised of 16 members each from the House of Commons and House of Lords, 20 representatives from British India and seven from the princely states. Lord Linlithgow was appointed as the president of the Committee. After a year and a half of deliberations, the Committee finally came out with a draft Bill on December 1934. The Bill was discussed in the House of Commons for 43 days and in the House of Lords for 13 days and finally, after being signed by the King, was enforced as the Government of India Act, 1935, in August 1935.
The main features of the Act of 1935 were:
1. A federation of India was promised for, comprising both provinces and states. The provisions of the Act establishing the federal central government were not to go into operation until a specified number of rulers of states had signed Instruments of Accession. Since, this did not happen, the central government continued to function in accordance with the 1919 Act and only the part of the 1935 Act dealing with the provincial governments went into operation.
2. The Governor General remained the head of the central administration and enjoyed wide powers concerning administration, legislation and finance.
3. No finance bill could be placed in the Central Legislature without the consent of the Governor General.
4. The Federal Legislature was to consist of two houses, the Council of State (Upper House) and the Federal Assembly (Lower House).
5. The Council of State was to consist of 260 members, out of whom 156 were to be elected from the British India and 104 to be nominated by the rulers of princely states.
6. The Federal Assembly was to consist of 375 members; out of which 250 were to be elected by the Legislative Assemblies of the British Indian provinces while 125 were to be nominated by the rulers of princely states.
7. The Central Legislature had the right to pass any bill, but the bill required the approval of the Governor General before it became Law. On the other hand Governor General had the power to frame ordinances.
8. The Indian Council was abolished. In its place, few advisers were nominated to help the Secretary of State for India.
9. The Secretary of State was not expected to interfere in matters that the Governor dealt with, with the help of Indian Ministers.
10. The provinces were given autonomy with respect to subjects delegated to them.
11. Diarchy, which had been established in the provinces by the Act of 1919, was to be established at the Center. However it came to an end in the provinces.
12. Two new provinces Sindh and Orissa were created.
13. Reforms were introduced in N. W. F. P. as were in the other provinces.
14. Separate electorates were continued as before.
15. One-third Muslim representation in the Central Legislature was guaranteed.
16. Autonomous provincial governments in 11 provinces, under ministries responsible to legislatures, would be setup.
17. Burma and Aden were separated from India.
18. The Federal Court was established in the Center.
19. The Reserve Bank of India was established.
Both the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League opposed the Act, but participated in the provincial elections of winter 1936-37, conducted under stipulations of the Act. At the time of independence, the two dominions of India and Pakistan accepted the Act of 1935, with few amendments, as their provisional constitution.

is this answer corrrrect if not i want the complete answer pls anyone :(

Or

How important was the Government of India Act 1935? [14 Marks]

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/paskistan-studies-1-notes.11603/

Sumone plsssssssss reply mee :(

Reaction score
Hello homies! i`m new here. So u guys discussing Pakistan studies.That`s great!​

Reaction score
hey guyz quick response would be appreciated.... i need to ask in range questions... of history 14 marks.. e.g. was lucknow pact the only beacon of hope during 1916 till 1930 ? do we hv to describe the proposals also... :)

Reaction score
hey guyz quick response would be appreciated.... i need to ask in range questions... of history 14 marks.. e.g. was lucknow pact the only beacon of hope during 1916 till 1930 ? do we hv to describe the proposals also... :)
i guess

Reaction score

No you dont. Just have to explain it. like if lucknow pact was the only beacon then , say why you think the other proposals were not important. If the other events also led to hope then explain why you think so. This is what the examiner is looking for. That how good you can explain your statements and how confidently you can produce your own judgements.

Reaction score
why was the objectine resolution critisized (7)
anyone to answer
1) Provincial politicians objected to the power being given to the head of the state and federal Govt..
2) Religious groups complained that the constitution was not sufficiently Islamic.
3) East Pakistan had a much greater population than west Pakistan and resented the idea of equal representation in the National Assemble.The east Pakistanis also resented having to accept Urdu as the official language at the expense of Bengali ...
-------------------------------------
Hope I Helped :)

Reaction score
Q. What was the Kashmir Issue? (4)
I want a proper answer! Waittttinnn!
Kashmir was a princely state which was ruled by Hari Singh Dogra , its populations was Muslim but the ruler was a Hindu . It was believed that he was trying to win independence for his state so he delayed joining either Pakistan Or India . The Maharaja treated the Muslim population very harshly and in September 1947 he started a campaign to drive Muslims out of Kashmir . Over 200,000 fled to Pakistan and finally the Muslims rose in rebellion . The Maharaja was forced to turn to India for help to crush the Muslims . Indian help came only after the Maharaja agreed to accede India . Pakistan couldn't accept this , so sent troops to help the Muslims of Kashmir . The Pakistan Government was convinced that India had always planned to seize Kashmir . Neither side was strong enough for a long war and in january 1948 the matter was referred to the UNO . A ceasefire was arranged and Kashmir was divided between Pakistan and India . However , Pakistan was angered to see that India retained the largest area of Kashmir , including the capital "Srinagar" . After pressure from , Lord Mountbatten , The Indian Prime Minister , Nehru , agreed that a referendum would be held in Kashmir to determine the wishes of the people of Kashmir .

This referendum has not been held and the "Kashmir Issue" remains a major source of discontent between the two countries today . Pakistan has made numerous demands that the UNO resolve the dispute and hold the referendum , but , so far , it has been impossible to reach an agreement .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope I Helped :)

Reaction score
Q)Simla conference was the most important factor during 1940s leading for the partition of sub-continent.Do u agree or disagree?Give reason for ur ans.( J03)

I wrote here abt Pakistan resolution and its importance , and describe that it was the resolution that lead to the partition at the end, i describe about the crispp mission & August offer and their failure.Cabinet mission plan also explained.
But in redspot past paper its only include the cabinet mission and simla conference,

Am i right or the Redspot??

Reaction score
Q)Simla conference was the most important factor during 1940s leading for the partition of sub-continent.Do u agree or disagree?Give reason for ur ans.( J03)

I wrote here abt Pakistan resolution and its importance , and describe that it was the resolution that lead to the partition at the end, i describe about the crispp mission & August offer and their failure.Cabinet mission plan also explained.
But in redspot past paper its only include the cabinet mission and simla conference,

Both are right , but you wont get very high marks for your answer. You have to explain about 5-7 factors to have a chance of scoring 14/14. 2-3 wont do.
And don't rely on Redspot. The answers are very often wrong. The format is absolutely correct but the content is totally wrong. They mostly describe what the factor was. When actually the examiner is looking for the importance of the factor.

Reaction score

Youre right.... Give all the reasons , explain them...and at the last make a para evaluating that the Lahore (Pakistan) Resoloution was the most important factor during the 1940's leading for the partition of the sub-continent.

Reaction score
Both are right , but you wont get very high marks for your answer. You have to explain about 5-7 factors to have a chance of scoring 14/14. 2-3 wont do.
And don't rely on Redspot. The answers are very often wrong. The format is absolutely correct but the content is totally wrong. They mostly describe what the factor was. When actually the examiner is looking for the importance of the factor.
very true!

Reaction score
can somebody tell me the conclusion to his answer ??:Was Shah waliullah the most important reformer ??
Any answer would be appreciated ! questions like this are confusing and i cant seem to make a definite conclusion !!!

Reaction score
can somebody tell me the conclusion to his answer ??:Was Shah waliullah the most important reformer ??
Any answer would be appreciated ! questions like this are confusing and i cant seem to make a definite conclusion !!!
shahwaliullahs work not only marked the beginning of revival of islam in sub continet but also laid foundation for future reformers to come and his contributions thru writing tremendously contributed to be used forever

Reaction score
Hey guys can somebody post some questions that can come in question 2 of paper 2? I mean those questions that do not usually come in the exam.....like they did in question 2 paper 1 of May/June 2011 about the prophets before Hazrat Muhammad pbuh's time.
Thanks that would be appreciated.!!!!!:):D

Reaction score
its copied from nigel kelly
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

I CAN ANSWER NUMBER 2
Despite opposition it faced simon commission managed to produce a two volume report so in 1930 British called a round table confrence to discuss report recomendation as they felt necessary for it to be discussed with all political parties of india
The first R.TC congress didnt attended as they wanted a gurantee that anything agreed in conference would be agreed no gurantee was given so they started non coperation movement and since congress was largest party nothing of use was agreed except that princes agreed to join govt as long as their rights recognized and british decided to give representative govt at provincial level and also minority subcommitee could not draw up a conclusion
IRWIN felt need to discuss report recomendation with congress for it to be widely accepted and also singed gandhi irwin pact to convince him to attend it but GANDHI declared himself sole representative of whole of india and said there was no minority problem in india he failed to give any political suggestions and when minority leaders gave their joint set of demands they were discared by gandhi so this confrence also met a failiure bcs of rude attitude of gandhi
3 RTC was worse than first two congress leaders were in prison bcs of their non cooperation movement and jinnah was not invited and Muslim league was led by Agha khan but their were only 46 deligates so this conference also met a general failiure

these are points i guess u will have to organize them a bit and give me marks plz
ry??