• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys ! Every Word is Counted ! Even 'Ka , mein etc' , Your Essay should be between 150 to 200 ! if the limit exceeds ! the Examiner wont check any word after 200 ! For Essay i was having Allhamdulilah 164 words , and even in letter your letter should not be more then 250 words , it should be about 200-250 ! , I'm really sorry to say but if the limit exceeds for both(Essay & Letter) he'd cut the rest of your work too !
they scan the paper my teacher told me

Reaction score
Broo ! If they'd Scan the Paper they'd never say you to write with the BLUE Pen ! , Or if the Examiner does Scan , Then He wold read your Essay till the Word limit !
Whats your point about the blue pen thing, we can wright with either blue or black pen

Reaction score
Whats your point about the blue pen thing, we can wright with either blue or black pen
Yes You can ! , I was Telling that if the Copies Would be SCANNED (which they aren't) , They would Ask us to write with Black Pen Because the Colour could easily be seen by Examiner This all Happens in Alevels ! , In O'levels you can write with both no worries :) :like:

Reaction score
As far as I know common words like seh to are counted once in summary like someone also said it above. And it is of no doubt that we cant actually develop a summary without these words so the word limit is bound to go past 100.
What I m trying to say is you can exceed the word limit to 115-120 words but no more than that.
I myself drew a summary of 117 words and Got an A in Urdu.
Thanks.
Would love to help you guys if needed.
Congrats on your A. Could you confirm that in PAPER 1, is every single word counted in the word limit or are words like "seh" , "kih" " kah" .etc not counted in the total word limit?
and also are " mein" "aur" .etc counted or not in paper 1

Reaction score
Yes You can ! , I was Telling that if the Copies Would be SCANNED (which they aren't) , They would Ask us to write with Black Pen Because the Colour could easily be seen by Examiner This all Happens in Alevels ! , In O'levels you can write with both no worries :) :like:
Oh alright! Thanks

Reaction score
Congrats on your A. Could you confirm that in PAPER 1, is every single word counted in the word limit or are words like "seh" , "kih" " kah" .etc not counted in the total word limit?
and also are " mein" "aur" .etc counted or not in paper 1
Yes they are counted.

Reaction score
For the Muhavary, is it necessary to write what the meaning too along with an example, or should one just use them in an example (sentence)?

Reaction score
any one help me ! guyz in paper 2 urdu , if we do mahwras only from batool ali is it right cuz i am left with 3 to 4 days :(

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and I'm also appearing for the o level exams oct/Nov 2016. For urdu paper 2 (code: 3248) does anyone have the batul ali book?? If anyone has then plzzz send me the pictures of the idioms through this email. My exam is on 18th oct.
-send me ASAP

Last edited:
Reaction score
any one help me ! guyz in paper 2 urdu , if we do mahwras only from batool ali is it right cuz i am left with 3 to 4 days :(
I think it's enough because my teacher told me that the idioms are always from there. Can you plzz send me the pics of the idioms from that book