• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Only having 3 AS and A2 qualifications?

Reaction score
I would like to study PPE or 'politics and economics' at Oxford, LSE, Durham etc... I am currently taking math, economics, physics and politics at AS level. I would like to drop physics at the end of this year, however, physics is a linear course in my school and therefore if I do drop it I will only have a predicted grade and no AS qualification. Is this a major problem or is it ok to only have 3 AS and A2 levels?

Ideally I would like to drop a subject so that I have more time next year for university preparation but physics is the only subject I feel I can drop due to the courses I want to study.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

Reaction score
you should check the requirement set by the universities that you want to apply for.
Off course having 4 subjects gives you the upper hand, but I guess three is okay too. However do check with the university first....:)

Reaction score
Don't drop Physics! If ever you have to do Further Maths, then it'll help you a lot.

And then, LSE seems to have a penchant for Physics students wanting to study Economics at their institution. It shows you can accommodate variety. You actually increase your chances of getting in.