• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Omg, chemistry paper 1 is next week and i really need help with some of these tyrant questions!!!!!

Reaction score
Stressed man!!!!!!! So frustrating! How can we get the answers for these questions? Question 13. (B) 18. (A) 21. (C) 30. (B) and 34. (B)
From this past years papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Chemistry%20(9701)/9701_s05_qp_1.pdf

Please explain with as much detail as possible.. And why is 21. Not nucleophilic substitution?

I know im supposed to be patient and calm, but THIS IS REALLY GETTING TO ME!!!!!!! Graaaaaaahhh. Sorry.
Especially when i have no one to refer to!!!! Im on holiday. Ohhh yea. Oh yes!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your help... Really. Thanks :)

Also do the past years get harder every year or is the standard maintained?

Reaction score
Stressed man!!!!!!! So frustrating! How can we get the answers for these questions? Question 13. (B) 18. (A) 21. (C) 30. (B) and 34. (B)
From this past years papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Chemistry%20(9701)/9701_s05_qp_1.pdf

Please explain with as much detail as possible.. And why is 21. Not nucleophilic substitution?

I know im supposed to be patient and calm, but THIS IS REALLY GETTING TO ME!!!!!!! Graaaaaaahhh. Sorry.
Especially when i have no one to refer to!!!! Im on holiday. Ohhh yea. Oh yes!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for your help... Really. Thanks :)

Also do the past years get harder every year or is the standard maintained?

For 13 you have to know that metals at the top of Groups are similar chemically to metals at the top of adjacent Groups.
18. There's no bi-product, so the elements is ammonium cyanate = the elements in urea, including the numbers.
21. Nucleophilic substitution happens when a nucleophile attacks a polar bond. There's no polar bond here being attacked.
30. That's something you just have to memorise.
34. Use Le Chatelier's principle to reason the answers.