• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Oct/Nov 2014 English as a Sencond language speaking topics

Reaction score
I am done with my speaking and there are no other topics, it is just only these.............................my topic was LISTENING TO MUSIC and Nabila ahmed was correct coz i told my examiner that i luv listening to music and so he gave me that topic

P.S. my exam went really well!

Reaction score
I know this is late, but perhaps it might come iin handy.

Speaking: Papers 5 and 6

• Remember that the warm up part of the test is not marked. The Examiner will start with a general, informal, chat just to get you settled down and comfortable. This should be your aim in the warm up – to calm yourself down and get ready.

•It might be useful if you mention your particular interests (hobbies, things you like doing, current issues that are on your mind, things you feel strongly about), during the warm up. One of the topic cards might be a good choice for you – but remember, it’s not you but the Examiner who chooses the topic card.

• You should know exactly how the Speaking test will run. The Examiner will explain this at the beginning.

If not, please ask the Examiner to explain what will happen during the test. You will need to ask this before the Examiner gives you the topic card.

•You will have some time (2–3 minutes) to look at the topic card and think about what you want to say in the conversation. You can’t make any notes here, but you can ask any questions at this point. You can plan to include three of four talking points of your own (i.e. that are not suggested on the card). This will help to make the conversation more interesting, and it might lead to a higher mark. In other words, you don’t have to stick to the five or six points listed on the card – you can take the conversation into other areas of the same topic.

•Don’t worry about the topics that might come up before the examination. The topics are chosen so that conversations can be developed easily – you don’t need to have any expert knowledge of any of the topics. It is not necessary, therefore, to try and revise any topics which you think might be used. The test is not about how much you know about a topic, it is about how well you can have a conversation about it.

•The test is not about delivering a speech. If you find that you are doing this, something is wrong, and you should try to return to having a genuine conversation with the Examiner. Your Examiner will be listening carefully and should stop speeches taking place.

• Your Examiner will be listening for:

1) Structure – using spoken language, sentences and phrases, accurately.

2) Vocabulary – using a wide range of words.

3) Fluency – a two-way conversation, perhaps extending the prompts/ideas that the Examiner has introduced.

• The key to success in this test is to be relaxed. If you feel that you have enjoyed a ‘good chat’ with the

Examiner – a chat based on and keeping to the topic – then it’s likely that you have performed well.

If you read these tips a few times before you take your IGCSE, hopefully your confidence will increase and so will your mark.

Reaction score
sure.....................
what types of music do you listen and the people around you
the first music u remember listening to and how did it make u feel
how has listening to music changed and what do u expect in the near future
there are two more points (which were quite easy) but my examiner stopped the converstion here so i forgot the points, sorry!!!!!!
:)

Reaction score
Government
>who makes decisions in your government
>Do you think governments should be led by one leader?
>do you think there should be one government in the world?
and two more I can't remember.
I didn't do well :'(
horrible political topic