• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O/levels Economics: past papers or book? Which is important?

O levels Economics: Should I study from the past papers only, or book?

• Only Past papers will be enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only book

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
AoA, i wanted to ask something. I'll be appearing for o/levels economics this m/j.
My problem is that i havent actually started off with economics, i gave most of my time to mathematics, and now i am confused. Should i study and learn from the eco book or should i just go thoroughly through past papers and marking schemes?
Will studying from the past papers and marking schemes be enough?
Really Looking forward to your advise..

Reaction score
You need to study through the book and then do the pastpapers. Mark schemes were made to be checked with answers, not to be used as answers although they are used as such. Anyways, you cannot harvest the knowledge of the whole syllabus by just studying mark schemes. Therefore, gain crystal-clear concepts and knowledge ,and then do pastpapers. Leave practicing Maths a bit.

I would advise you to do double the papers 1 as, if you have crystal-clear concepts and good knowledge, you can pass paper 2 with good marks still.

By knowledge, i mean memorized material. You do need to memorize well in Economics.