• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level Stats(4040) Help!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am gonna appear for O level stats this November but I wont study from any teacher. Could you suggest me which book(s) I should use to aim for an A*.

I have studied stats before last year but studied 4 months and thought my prep was not worthy of an A*

Please help me!!

Reaction score
No good book available in Pakistan.
If u want to give an xtra subject For A*,Go for Environment Management.Easy and Simple.
For statistics even the past papers sucks bcoz u would find wrong answers .

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
No good book available in Pakistan.
If u want to give an xtra subject For A*,Go for Environment Management.Easy and Simple.
For statistics even the past papers sucks bcoz u would find wrong answers .
which book did u used ??

Reaction score
I suggest you download the syllabus and do each topic from it.
That is what I did, without any teacher or book, and Allhamdullillah got an A*.
There is always this forum, where an unerringly large number of people are always ready to help.
And I also understood a couple of topics from khanacademy.
If you like Math, and have done cumulative frequency curves etc, you will be able to cover the syllabus in a month, in depth.
Good luck! Remember to do papers!
P.M if you need help.

Reaction score
I got an A* alhamdulillah n my friend got a world distinction in Nov 2010 session!! We used Sabeeh Sheerazi's Statistics book!! quite helpful!!

Reaction score
I also get an A* but all because my paper 2 went excellent.But i remember how much tension it gave me till result.I was unable to concentrate on other subj.
The fact is that the papers are being difficult now and if one cant keep his nerve during paper may not get A* although A is easy.
I just use past papers with examiner reports(must)

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the advice. The truth is that I wouldn't have wanted to appear for stats but since I already studied it from Ibrar Hussain in lahore (famous teacher) I dont want to waste the effort.