• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level Physics (easy paper ) just tell how was it don't discuss the question till tomorrow !!

Reaction score
it is p/2 mate :) !!

It was 2P/3. Once the tap is opened the 2 containers will seemingly become one container, and not ALL the air particles will move from container A to container B, because container A had 200cm3 of air in it, while container B's capacity was only 100cm3. So when 100cm3 of air will move to container B, both their volumes will merge aswell i.e 200cm3 capacity of container A + 100cm3 capacity of container B. Pressure was initially P as they had stated, so final pressure = initial pressure x initial volume/final volume = P x 200/300 = 2p/3. P1V1=P2V2 was never to be applied on this question, even though it gave the correct answer for the lucky ones who used it :p it was a trick question :)

Reaction score
It was 2P/3. Once the tap is opened the 2 containers will seemingly become one container, and not ALL the air particles will move from container A to container B, because container A had 200cm3 of air in it, while container B's capacity was only 100cm3. So when 100cm3 of air will move to container B, both their volumes will merge aswell i.e 200cm3 capacity of container A + 100cm3 capacity of container B. Pressure was initially P as they had stated, so final pressure = initial pressure x initial volume/final volume = P x 200/300 = 2p/3. P1V1=P2V2 was never to be applied on this question, even though it gave the correct answer for the lucky ones who used it :p it was a trick question :)
i have already agreed to it dude :)