• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O Level English Help

Reaction score
Hey guys, my O Level English writing paper is coming up in a few days, and Im worried about scoring an A in the examination. My English is in fact very good, but I guess the exam tension is just getting to me. Is there anything I can look over or are there any tips that will definitely get me an A in the examination? How should I revise for the paper?

Reaction score
Hello, buddy.
English, like all other languages, requires a lot of practice. Since your exam is quite near, I assume you've already done a fair amount of Past Papers. How about you build up your vocabulary by going through the dictionary. Also read some novels or magazines, as they help in grasping expressions and improving sentence structure.

Some things to keep in mind while attempting your paper :
-Take care of the grammar, tenses, sentence structure etc, as these seem to irritate the examiner a lot.
-Your paper should be neat and presentable.
-Double check on the paper, just to mark out the silly mistakes.
-Try to use good, extensive vocabulary.
-Do not exceed the word limit given for the questions given, the examiner's do notice.

Good luck. :)

Reaction score
q: To celebrate the start of a special environmental project, a tree is being planted in your school grounds.
As secretary of the project committee, you are to make a speech to mark the occasion in front of the
Principal, guests, staff and students of the school.
Write your

speech
. You must include the following:
• details of what the environmental project hopes to achieve
• why you think this project is important
• how your audience could support the project.

q: You are a student and your Principal is retiring from your school. You have been asked to make a
speech at a special assembly to thank your Principal for what he or she has done for the school

and
to wish your Principal a happy retirement.
Write your

speech
. You must include the following:

how long the Principal has been in charge and
details of how successful the school has been
during this time

the personal qualities that have made the Principal so successful and
one interesting story which
demonstrates the Principal’s character

some ideas for what the Principal might do during retirement.

i need introductory paragraphs for this 2 speeches! urgent!